Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hawaii climbing?
Quote | Reply
I see the elevation profile on Ironmanlive.com, but does anyone know how many total feet of climbing the course has. A friend of mine said there was more climbing than Canada, over 5000 feet he said. Can that be true?
Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii climbing? [davidd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have done both, Canada has bigger hills, Hawaii is tougher. Look at http://www.bpr.com/triathlon/canada.htm#bike%20profile it has a profile of Hawaii and Canada in feet overlaid upon one another

Cheers AndyA
Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii climbing? [AndyA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good stuff. Based on your experience, if the elements (temp, humidity, wind etc) were the same, how would they measure up?
Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii climbing? [davidd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tough call, but to put my money were my mouth is I would say, Hawaii is a tougher swim, Canada a tougher bike (even though I rode 12 mins slower due to the reason below!)and Hawaii a tougher run.

I found the biggest problem in Hawaii being the huge packs of riders that catch you and engulf you, you then have to choose stay with the pack or let them steam off. I chose the latter and hit Hawi slower than a training ride!I then hammered all the way back and fried my legs for the run. If you get a chance to do it, work hard on the bike to Hawi especially the lst 20 miles in the hills and keep those wheel suckers at bay then recover back down the Queen K. In Canada take it steady until Richter then work hard all the way to the top of Yellow Creek. Make sure you ride the full courses, they are both beautiful training rides ride!

AndyA
Quote Reply