Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Spinal Fusion- looking for neurosurgeon [JT66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am a neurosurgeon as well.... and have PMed with several people on this board.

I practice in Long Island, NY.

Over the years I have been appalled by the BS advice that is frequently spewed by people who claim to be spine experts.

As Dr V said... each case is different and generalization is a dangerous game.

I would be happy to review your imaging as well...

I'm here if you need me :) Good luck...
Quote Reply
Re: Spinal Fusion- looking for neurosurgeon [Donzo98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not quite the same as I had one herniated and one bulging disk and had been avoiding surgery. I then had a skiing incident and proceeded to over jump a cliff drop and compression fractured (shattered) the disk above the herniation. I had emergency surgery from a now retired NS in Salt Lake I had L5/L6 fused (i Know most people only have 5 lumbar verts but I am the small percentage the have 6. I knew that when they x-rayed and diagnosed me with a shattered T1. Had rods and a cage and was out for 6 months with nothing but walking. I will never be as fast but I did complete my first IM at IMSG in under 12:30 which was a great accomplishment for me. First IM and first marathon ever and ran a 4:17. You can come back from this. Listening and obeying my recovery plan was vital. I thank my wife for making me do what I was told and no more. You can come back from this GOOD LUCK!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stephen Scibelli, Jacksonville Memorial. You will not find a better surgeon anywhere. He did a fellowship in spine trauma at Cedar Sinai, a top spine center.
Last edited by: Sam Apoc: Sep 6, 12 19:14
Quote Reply
Re: Spinal Fusion- looking for neurosurgeon [SKIBUMM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Skibuum-
Thanks a million for the info and for the great encouragement!!

Wow- what an accident you had! Great to hear your recovery was successful- An IM after!! Congratulations!!

Best of luck to you in the future!! Keep training!

Thanks again very much- I'm pushin' on....
Quote Reply
Re: Spinal Fusion- looking for neurosurgeon [Sam Apoc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sam Apoc- Thank you very much- will definitely check this out (Dr. Scibelli).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JT66 wrote:
Sam Apoc- Thank you very much- will definitely check this out (Dr. Scibelli).

Glad to hear it. Nothing at all against other surgeons who are fine, but Scibelli is truly special.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JT66 wrote:
I would really appreciate hearing from anyone who has had low back spinal fusion from a supportive neurosurgeon and has had success returning to running (and Tri's). I live in Florida so ideally (with some luck??) maybe there is someone out there in Slowtwitch forum world who lives in Florida and has had the surgery here with success returning to Tri's.

Even the southeast is not out of the question, though.

I've read the posts from trimama and gleveq (thanks very much!!) about their successes and Dr. V at Boulder Neurosurgical, but I've checked with my insurance company's office in Colorado, and they have told me that Dr. V's practice is not participating with that particular insurance company- I am also in the process of confirming directly with his office.

Any help with recommendations on surgeons would be greatly appreciated!!

Barrow s in Phoenix, AZ. I had open brain surgery there and it went well
Quote Reply
Re: Spinal Fusion- looking for neurosurgeon [andreasjs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks very much!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know it's been ages, but what did you finally decide on spinal fusion neurosurgeon. I am sending my films to Dr. V with the hope of an opinion.

Thanks,
C

CG
Quote Reply

Prev Next