Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Favorite Running Hat/Visor
Quote | Reply
Just curious if you have a favorite brand hat or visor and is a light colored hat better for hot sunny weather?
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Running Hat/Visor [mb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Just curious if you have a favorite brand hat or visor and is a light colored hat better for hot sunny weather?
Desoto Bucket Hat. Works like a charm on those hot days.

1*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sockguy coolmax

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the white De Soto running hat and love it. I have to buy a new one because my wife likes this hat also and uses mine often.
I suppose light colors are better and therefore bought the white and not the black one. The De Soto hat is also the cheapest running hat I know.

Felix

http://www.weilenmann.ch.vu
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

I used to figure hats were all the same. My wife got me one of these Nike hats (only in white):

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/...hhihbekgcgecfeedgf.0

It's dang near the perfect running hat. I love it. A bit pricey, but what the heck...
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Running Hat/Visor [Julian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you get a white hat, make sure the color of the underside of the visor part is dark colored. This prevents light reflection off the bottom of the visor into your eyes. I think e-caps.com has one, pretty cheap too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Animal!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pearl Izumi running hat, available in blue (my choice), silver, or white. It uses ultrasensor material around the inside brim instead of terrycloth. I had 2 terrycloth brim hats before this one that always got soaked, heavy, and gross.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Running Hat/Visor [Julian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second the Nike recommendation. I picked up a light gray colored hat a couple of days before my 1/2 this last weekend. Even in the 90+ heat, an ice cube would last 2 aid stations (miles). Kept things as cool as could be expected.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriCalifornia Wildflower 2002 "20 in '02" mesh hat. Best $20 I ever spent.

I trained my @$$ off for this race and by god (oops, sorry if I offended any Atheists out there) I'm going to remember it. Not only is it a very high quality hat, it has been the object of conversation at many a local running race. Someone will come up and intrduce themselves, congratulate me on my accomplishment and say that they are current or former triathletes/Wildflower participants. I thoroughly enjoy it when this happens. It gives added meaning to my training and racing with a connection to others. So on those long, solo training sessions I can wonder who I'll meet next.

BTW, I wear this hat so often it has to be washed frequently due to the stench of hard work. My wife will give me the wrinkled nose and that's how I can tell it's time to wash. ;-)

Sean
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.sportsbasement.com/...&iProductID=4316

I love this Asics visor. I believe that they have ceased production, so I went ahead and bought a few from Sports Basement (Thanks to USAT Coupon). Given that they seem to be indestructible, I should have them for years.

litherland
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't know the name brand, but it's the one that says:

St Pete Mad DOGs

Joel - #1855

It's the only one I ever wear.

Joel
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Headsweats now makes caps as well as the bandanas and beanies. I can't recommend their products enough, they have been a gift from the heavens for this bald athlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I picked up one of these at the InsideOut Sports Tent at IMCDA this year and I love it. It was only $10.95 or something like that - http://www.baysixusa.com/...2_sub_caps_visor.htm
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Running Hat/Visor [Simple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a TYR volleybar hat. Mesh with big holes all around and a bill that was about 2in longer than any of the running hats that my training friends had. Unfortunately 7 yrs of wearing that thing for every run took its toll and it became a visor than just a bill.
I have yet to find a hat as well ventilated and that offered as much coverage and I now own 12 running hats. I'm off to cry now.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know it runs counter to current dogma, but I always feel I overheat with any kind of hat, even white ones with big holes in them. Ironically, I can't tolerate ice up there either. What works best for me are the soft foam visors. You used to receive them in race packets and typically had PowerBar or GU logos on them. I haven't received one for free in a long time, but I've seen them sold for $5 at larger race expos. Anyway, they're very comfortable yet snug against the forehead. You can dump cold water on your head and it rolls off the visor without getting into your eyes. Downside -- they look goofy.

The Herminator
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Running Hat/Visor [The Herminator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For your information your nickname is already taken by Herman Maier :-)
unless you can ride with two broken legs in a cast, you will have to change it :-))
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Running Hat/Visor [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah Francois, you should be writing Herman Maier and telling him that. An old girlfriend starting calling me The Herminator the night after we saw The Terminator in the mid-1980's. It's likely the great Herman Maier was being called "Junior" in those days. Funny though, now that you mention it, some people would say I ride like I have two broken legs.

The (Original) Herminator
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Running Hat/Visor [The Herminator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bet Tyler Hamilton and Herman Maier would get along really well :-)
Quote Reply