Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? July 30 Edition
Quote | Reply
Tell us about it :-)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 30 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M - 6.2 mi run + 2600 yd swim (lake)
T - 9 mi bike + 8 mi run
W - 7 mi bike + 7 mi run + 0:30 hike
T - 5.5 mi run + 1:35 sea kayak
F - 7 mi run + 0:10 ocean swim
S - 16 mi run
S - 6 mi run + 4 mile ocean swim

Totals: 10500 yards swimming; 16 miles cycling; 56 miles running; some hiking and kayaking.
Goals had been 4 open-water swims (three; that is fine as one was the big-deal one ;-), 2-3 rides (did 2 short...), 6-7 runs (done).

Good week. I am psyched about the ocean swim - I posted pictures here
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread

Goals this week: 6-7 runs, 2-3 swims, and 2-3 cool adventures (cycling, hiking, kayaking all count). Also, do better with eating (i.e., no bingeing). I didn't do so hot this week - stressful week at work and stress + fatigue --> rough week with food. Goal = no sweets or desserts... when I sugar-detox that kills the cravings and sugar is bad for my anxiety. (My nutritionist is ok with this)

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, I'm gonna try to hop back on this bandwagon, because I've been doing a terrible job of getting my workouts in lately.

Last week (was going to do 3 runs, 2 rides, and 2 swims, failed miserably):
1 tempo run
1 mtn bike ride
Raced Wausau24 - Second ever mtn bike race, did the 12 hr 2 person category with my husband, got in almost 65 miles and had an absolute blast. I'm thinking about either a 6 hr solo entry for next year or a 4 man 24 hr.

Goals for this week:
swim x2
run x5
bike x2

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice work there miss. Adventures are good things.

Last week:
tough work sked - another 2 day audit coming up. -> It was brutal too 10hr days both days w/no breaks. Mentally exhausting.
Run 3x (anything at this point will be good haha) -> DONE+ I managed 4 runs and they felt pretty good
Bike 5x (commute+ for at least one of them -> DONE+ I got in 6 rides including a very nice Commute+

This week: My motivation to train is really high right now so I am trying to take advantage of it. :-)
Run 4X (with 1x 90' run and 1x intervals)
Bike 4X (1x Commute+ and 1x LSD road or MTB ride)
SWIM (OW - aim for 1hr)
WCP 2X

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It super sucked. Got back results of MRI--and due to hip injury it looks like my tri season is over. Having to withdraw from Fall HIM and IM.

On the plus side, I'm going to get a good swim focus in. May even give a try at some 5K-5 mile ows races this fall. Training goal this week is 16K yards, and strength/PT/stretches 6x.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That swim looks amazing! How fun.

Last week went well. Not 100% on the plans but overall I'm happy

Mon - OFF
Tues - 30' run = DONE
Wed - Weights + 30' cardio = DONE Started on the elliptical then said screw it and ran.
Thurs - 30' run = DONE
Fri - Weights + 1200y swim = Skipped the weights. Didn't keep track of yardage but did 30 minutes
Saturday - Run 30' = Day off
Sunday - Run 20 = DONE Was at my favorite run trail and felt really strong so I did 43'. Loved it.

This week
Mon - Unplanned off. Migraine.
Tues - Unplanned off. Migraine
Wed - 30' Run. Shook off migraine. Yay!
Thurs - 20' run
Fri - Swim + weights
Sat - Run 45'
Sun - OFF

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 30 Edition [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:
It super sucked. Got back results of MRI--and due to hip injury it looks like my tri season is over. Having to withdraw from Fall HIM and IM.

On the plus side, I'm going to get a good swim focus in. May even give a try at some 5K-5 mile ows races this fall. Training goal this week is 16K yards, and strength/PT/stretches 6x.

That news sucks! But good for you for turning it into a positive.
I'm mainly a runner, but do tri's so that when (not if) I get injured I can do something other than sit around and feel sorry for myself.
Well done

What's your down time?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My week was good running. I got 55 miles in.
I did get in two bikes, including a 40 mile ride on saturday so that made me happy
No swimming :)

This week
swim 1-2
bike 1-2
Run 55-60

Happy training.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 30 Edition [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since I've withdrawn from my A race, I'm going to front load the recovery so I can start the next season strong and fully recovered. Likely looking at 4 weeks of no cycling, and 3 of no running. I was planning on taking a month off after my IM anyway, so now it's just happening sooner than planned.

It's a huge disappointment for me. I've been working all year towards the race. I still get a bit weepy having to explain it. But I'm in this for the long haul, and it really helps to have something new and interesting to focus on.

And yes, aren't we fortunate to have ways to switch it up when injury strikes?

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 30 Edition [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am so sorry to hear of your injury. What is it specifically?

Quote Reply