Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Have the designers of built in bras ever seen a woman from close distance???
Quote | Reply
I spent an hour yesterday "redesigning" my Zoot trisuit and I am really wondering who on earth designs built in bras for womens sportswear... In the best cases these are outright useless and in worst cases they cause troubles. E.g. my trisuit is size L, a tad too big for me but the lower edge of the bra runs just across my breasts. I have noticed the same thing with other womens sports clothing as well. Or is everyone else happy with this issue?
Quote Reply
Re: Have the designers of built in bras ever seen a woman from close distance??? [Kivisisalik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. The only ones that have ever worked for me are some Nike and Champion tops I found that have actual bras build in, not those stupid shelf bras. Those things get in the way when wearing an actual sports bra.

Not exactly this one but it does have bra cups like this:
http://store.nike.com/...d-436064/pgid-644877

I can't find the Champion one, of course. I got it at Target.

Neither of these are tri-tops but I wear them all the time when running.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Have the designers of built in bras ever seen a woman from close distance??? [Kivisisalik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the built-in and shelf bras because I don't care to have straps showing. I agree, the Nike tops are the best because they really work and hold the chest together. I found that Athleta makes some that are specific to cup that work well too. I no longer wear a tri suit because of the odd fit. I find them to be best for women who are shaped like men, especially on top.

Quote | Reply
travelmama wrote:
...I no longer wear a tri suit because of the odd fit. I find them to be best for women who are shaped like men, especially on top.

I was actually planning to try some male trisuits as these a) do not have bras b) have a wider coverage on back and elbows.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
P donated his trisuit (Zoot) to me as he's lost enough weight and I like longer inseams. The arm holes are HUGE. I'm not wide across the shoulders but even if I were it's a lot more showing/exposed there than with a F trisuit. YMMV.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree, I find that built in bras don't have enough support and/or aren't large enough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The title of your post is hilarious!

I don't do trisuits, much prefer 2-piece. Never really had an issue with built in or shelf bras in those, but I don't have a 'crowded balcony'.
Quote Reply
Re: Have the designers of built in bras ever seen a woman from close distance??? [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have some sugoi stuff shorts and 2 piece tri suit that actually fit. Most of my other tri gear is a struggle to get in, on and adjusted and its exasperating to take it off and feel the lovely chafing sting in the shower.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For those of use who are "built like men up top", they work well. 32A here and I've never had any issues with them.
I also love Nike and Athleta tops - makes me look like I've got more than I do ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Have the designers of built in bras ever seen a woman from close distance??? [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really wish apparel manufactrers would stop putting shelf bras in everything. I'm a size xs, but actually need a real bra (thanks, mom!) and I hate having to cut the shelf bras out of everything. If I leave them in I have too many seams with the shelf, sports bra, and HRM.

It just feels like such a waste to spend the money on a new tri top and immediately have to take scissors to it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like several of the others above, I have given up the trisuit in favor of a top and separate bottoms for this reason. I need way more support than the combined top/bra provide and have found many tops that are just tops with no bra. This allows me to use my favorite sport bra underneath the top I choose to wear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I have an LGI one somewhere that I've had for a few years that didn't have a "built in" in it...and I know it was built for women because it had pink seams! Alas, I'm not racing with the frequency anymore to justify wearing it without scaring people. I've long-preferred the two-piece route, but mostly since I have the torso of a short gnome. (Combine short torso & a little slacking on the training/racing/diet & whammo - why the trisuit is a no-go!) I do have a 2XU top that I can race in just fine with the built in - but I basically have to have help pulling it off over my head afterward. It also creates an entertaining sight by pushing all excess down while my shorts push it upward - I don't have muffin tops - I have a mini-loaf! But nothing, and I mean nothing, moves while I race/run...and I'm a 36C! I like the zipper vent as well - can provide a show if I try! The tanks & dresses I have that are built-in I absolutely adore, since I'm not running anywhere in them.

For the skinny-minnies, however, this doesn't apply. Sorry!! The best I can offer is entertainment.

AW
Quote Reply