Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Heart Rate Monitor strap chafing
Quote | Reply
I blame the bra. Seems I get serious sternum chafing if the HR strap rides up too far and then the bra starts to move it around or bury it into my skin.

Never had the issue with the soft strap with the 2 snaps in the front.
Can't wear the new soft strap at all. That takes very large bites out of my flesh.

Garmin actually sent me the hard strap to try and it's been fine for months. Until my last run and now I can't wear a bra (good thing I work from home!)

I body Glide like mad. I have tried KT tape on my chest, it just comes off due to the heat and humidity.
I've tightened the strap, I've made it looser, I've pulled it lower, higher. Was fine for months and then WHAM.

anyone have any suggestions? Fixes that have worked?

Thanks, Denise
Quote Reply
Re: Heart Rate Monitor strap chafing [MrsTiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try the gel that ultrasound techs use, I forget what it's called. It is a bit goopy but it lasts for a while.

My personal preference for everything chafing related is Sport Shield. I don't know if it would mess with the HR contacts though so that's why I suggested the above.

Good luck. For me it is usually the cloth strap and the Sport Shield works fine for that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Heart Rate Monitor strap chafing [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll try the Sport Shield. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Once you go Sports Shield you will never go back. I've run some very long distances and tried everything on the market and this is the only stuff that works.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about one of those bra's that hold the transmitter inside the fabric ?
I don't know if they even make these anymore ?
Quote Reply
Re: Heart Rate Monitor strap chafing [toreishi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
toreishi wrote:
What about one of those bra's that hold the transmitter inside the fabric ?
I don't know if they even make these anymore ?

I ordered the Pure Flow back when this first happened with the soft strap #2 and it's really not a good bra for me. I was stuck in the middle of the sizing. It's too bad because this is the perfect place to snap on a heart rate monitor.
Quote Reply