Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mt Washington Report!
Quote | Reply
The wicked weather of Mt. Washington did not disappoint for Saturday's "World Championships of Hill Climbing" I just posted a ride report on my team site. Thought you guys might like to read it.

http://www.dkcycling.com/...rs/MtWashington.html
Quote Reply
Re: Mt Washington Report! [Andrew Knight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you had a tremendous ride !! I recently moved from the Midwest to about an hour away from Mt.Washington and have found out that I can climb fairly decent. I ride with guys who have been up it in some decent times (not like yours, but closer to the 1:10-1:15 range) and would like to try and hit 1:05 next year (weather permitting of course). I learned my lesson about registration this year and will be sure to make it next year.

Again, awesome ride for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice report and great race, congratulations!
Quote Reply
Re: Mt Washington Report! [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WICKED PISSAH!!!

Just a great, great ride -- very impressive. All the more so, given that you were forced to be 15% overgeared (ouch!!! -- don't try this at home, kids).

Nice to see five Granite Staters and four Quebecois in the top 20 -- Genevieve Jeanson kicks ass (!) as usual. Also nice to see what I assume is Tyler Hamilton's bro' Geoffrey with a top 25 finish.

If anyone doubts the steepness of this wall -- extended sections at > twice the average gradient of l'Alpe d'Huez -- check out the terrific photos of the 2002 race at:

http://www.jsmcelvery.com/2002mw.html

Two dimensional photos never show this properly, but check out the obvious gradient in, for example:

Last edited by: alpdhuez: Aug 19, 03 6:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jeff-- You should do it next year...make sure you get in early!

Alpduez & Trirunner-- Thanks for the kind words! It is such an experience that I can't wait to do it again next year. Take a look at this shot that Jonathon got of me this year. It was taken from almost the exact same spot as the one above!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's scary about that shot is that -- unless you look at your eyes -- you look like you're on a Sunday AM group ride, not a 22% "mur". Talk about focus/technique.

The eyes give it all away, however. They're 'combat stare' eyes.

PS: I know the folks out West will snicker at our little bitty 6,288 ft. mountain. But it's kinda like the killer rabbit (what was it's name?) in the Monty Python film The Holy Grail.

"It's just a little bitty rabbit..."

"Yeah, but it's got BIG TEETH!!!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice ride, but check out the results and then the results of the Timberman Tri sprint race (New England Championship) on the next day. See anyone in the top ten in both races races? That guy is a real animal. I thought I rode a nice bike split at an olympic distance in Vermont earlier this season, and won the AG. I was wrong as I got toasted by six minutes on the bike by this guy, who despit a slow run still beat me by almost 4 minutes.

"When I first had the opportunity to compete in triathlon, it was the chicks and their skimpy race clothing that drew me in. Everyone was so welcoming and the lifestyle so obviously narcissistic. I fed off of that vain energy. To me it is what the sport is all about."
Quote Reply
Re: Mt Washington Report! [Matt_Mallet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow! That is impressive....I have raced against Seth a few times this season and he is a super strong cat 2 rider with lots of power!
Quote Reply