Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? July 9 Edition
Quote | Reply
Tell us about it :-)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 9 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals this week = 4 swims, 2 rides, 1 run speed workout, 1 long run, and a swim speed workout of 10 x 100 fast or 10 x 200 best average

Swims: check; rides: check; runs: check; swim speed workout - no, did all but 1 of them in the lake and the day I swam in the pool I felt like a slug.

M - 5.8 mi run + 2500 yd swim (lake)
T - 10 mi run + 800 yd swim AM + 1000 yd swim PM (both lake)
W - 7 mi run
T - 5.5 mi run + 5500 yd lake swim
F - 5.9 mi run + 2200 yd pool swim
S - 4 mi run + 19 mi bike
S - 12 mi bike + 12 mi run + 6 mi bike

37 mi bike, 12000 yd swim, 50.2 mi run

Goals for this week: 3 rides (1 done), 6-7 runs (1 done) w/ 1 long and 1 speed workout; 2-3 swims

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- swim x 4: FAIL. pool schedule changed effective tuesday, so i found out at 7:50pm that the 9-10pm swim was now 7-8pm. managed to make it for 7 on thursday, found a new pool i can swim at on saturday afternoon, and did an open water swim sunday.
- bike x 4 (1 done): FAIL. 3 only - would have rode to the market on saturday if it wasn't threatening thunderstorms.
- run x 6 (1 done): WIN, including a lovely trail run.
- core/strength x 3 (1 done): WIN.

this week's goals:
- swim x 2
- bike x 3
- run x 4
- core/strength x 4 w/focus on mobility

all including the s/b/r during a race on saturday - an olympic that was going to be my "A" race of the season. just out to finish strong and enjoy a weekend away with my husband now, but will be fun to kayak the swim course the next day volunteering with the water safety team for the sprint and try-a-tri races, too! :)

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Nice work you two... looking good...

last week:
Ride 4x Commute+ (ie: adding time & distance to my commutes) - WIN - one of the rides was a much longer non-commute (I took Fri and today off work, so made Fri a 2.5hr ride session).
WCP (weights/core/plyo) 2X - FAIL - was super busy on the shop floor all last week, on my feet, working thru lunch, so ran out of time for this.
Run 3x - WIN - but they didn't feel all that good.
Swim 1x - FAIL - but might go today to make it up.

This week:
Run 4X
Ride 4X Commute and Commute+ at least once
Swim possibly.
Will not have time to do core this week - audit on Thurs and Fri all day. Boourns.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 9 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Knocked everything out of the park:

Mon - Personal Trainer + 20' cardio
Tues - 25 min run
Wed - Strength training + 30' cardio
Thurs - Swim 1200 yards
Friday - Personal Trainer - Ran out of time for additional cardio but she worked me hard so I'm not worried. I burned the calories!
Sat - Skipped - Ran out of time
Sun - 25 min run

A couple things are really bothering me.

After 17' my runs fall apart. My legs don't have any juice in them. Very frustrating for someone who used to run for hours.
My weight is fluctuating sometimes over 4 lbs day to day. When plotting the data it is pretty much flat for the last month which is really frustrating. One day I'll celebrate weight loss than the next it will be back up, then the next down, etc. Any thoughts on why I'm seeing such a big fluctuation? Can hydration make that much of an impact day to day? I'm not noticing much, if any, of change in the fit of my pants.

This week:

Mon: Strength training + 20' cardio
Tues: Swim 1200 yards
Wed: Strength training + 25' cardio
Thursday: 25' run
Fri: Strength training + 25' cardio
Sat: 25' run
Sun: Off to go watch the Lake Stevens Half Iron. Playing cheerleader :-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 9 Edition [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Keep at it! You are definitely motivating me to get my butt of the couch! :-)

As for the 17' thing, I hear ya. Just keep at it, and be patient. Sometimes it takes a while for it to come back. However, if it gets worse, then that's a doc visit (I used to do the 4hr runs until my thyroid got up and walked out the door - got to the point I couldn't even run 5min - that's when I knew it was doc time).

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK - time to get back into a routine.
Took some relatively down time after IM in May, then vacation in late June. Then the 4th. Now no more excuses, time to back training.

GOAL: Dallas marathon in December. Plan to do some short tri's and some 1/2 marathons between now and then

Last two weeks only ran.

Goals for this week
Run x 6
Bike x 2
Swim 1-2
Weights / core x 2-3

Have a great week everyone.
Happy training.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 9 Edition [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice to see you back!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you! I missed my on-line support group :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great Week!!

Monday - swim
Tuesday - rest
Wednesday - bike
Thursday - ran
Friday - rest
Saturday - 10s/10b/10r
Sunday - NYC TRI (finished 11th in my AG:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Training wise week was good.
Swam 3X 2.5 miles each in an outdoor pool with lots of waves due to the lack of ropes.
Run 4 times 12Km each, in a heat
Biked more then planned, and faster too - no wind lately

On a flip side, went to defend traffic ticket, and still got 2 demerit points and paid $80.00 even though the cop did not show up - he was "on his way" - and I took a reduced fine, when I should have pleaded not guilty - since the cop was not there. I wasted 2 hours and tons of nerves.
Also, got 'athlete's foot' - on by behind!! First I though it was a bite, and then it grew and got really itchy. The doc said it was fungi - probably from the pool - and to use athlete's foot cream. It is awkward because every time you sit down it rubs off, and bandaids don't work either. So I have to keep re-applying.
It's always one thing or another..
Last edited by: robot_ap: Jul 12, 12 9:35
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 9 Edition [robot_ap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think it's uncommon to get athlete's foot in other places. I've had it twice on my back where my sportsbra wraps around

Quote Reply