Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

polar 710 cadence?
Quote | Reply
Has anyone some comments on the polar 710 cadence option? I wonder about the distance drom the BB to the unit (on a KM40). Sometimes my speed sensor does not work when my hand is too far from the sensor or the pad of the aero arm rest is between the watch and the sensor ( as when I am just rollin' along and my hands are on the arm rests)

I remember a post on how to indcrease the transmitter power a while ago, does any one remember it ?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: polar 710 cadence? [tristeve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's a jumper inside that if you move to the outer most position it will boost the power. See this link:

http://www.pursuit-performance.com.au/...m/DCForumID7/40.html

Ross Hoopingarner
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I gave up on mine. I wanted it mounted on the chainstay, and I wanted the watch unit mounted between my aero bars. even bumped up to high power I never could get it working, line of sight and all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
... even if you increase the power, don't be surprised if it still doesn't work (specially in the aero position).

FWIW Joe Moya
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got mine on the seat tube of a P2k, watch is mounted on the aerobars. I've never had a problem with the cadence, it just always works.

Both sensors need to be perpendicular to the watch. Their radio signal is evidently elliptical so direction counts. When I figured this out, then the speed sensor suddenly became much more reliable and I imagine this is why the cadence sensor was always so good.

One trick I learned with the speed sensor, since the fork was so close to the wheel that I could not turn it 90* to the watch, I put the magnet on the left side spokes and the sensor on the right fork. The extra couple mm made all the difference.
Quote Reply