Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Who is doing Pleasant Praerie, WI on Sun?
Quote | Reply
Any of you guys doing Pleasant Pr. on Sun.? - I would expect to see at least Bunnyman and maybe some other local Slowtwitch guys.

Axel
Quote Reply
did it last year and thought it was fantastic [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brilliant, cant say enough good things about it.

Insufficient water etc on the run but thats my only gripe.

Not this year though, but have fun.

A
Quote Reply
Re: Who is doing Pleasant Praerie, WI on Sun? [Redemann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be there! What's the deal with wetsuits? Did they allow them last year? I heard the lake is quite warm. How is the bike course? I've heard nothing but praise for Pleasant Prairie so I am expecting a pretty good race.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is doing Pleasant Praerie, WI on Sun? [ahoodlum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a great race - I watched it last year. Although they will have a lot more competitors this year. Iam always a bit nervous about leaving my bike there overnite. The bike course is flat with some highway overpasses. I think this year it is the USAT Midwest Champ. for Oly
Quote Reply
Re: Who is doing Pleasant Praerie, WI on Sun? [ahoodlum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it was a little "steamy" in the late but we wore wet suits last year, it may well have been borderline but if I recall its actually kind of deep in the middle and it got noticeably colder as you got out towards the middle.

Bike is fast, a little technical, certainly not an out and back, not much climbing at all really, more gradual false flats, several tight corners.

The run was dry though.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is doing Pleasant Praerie, WI on Sun? [Redemann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be there. Last year I was racing Mrs. T's so I passed on Pleasant Prairie. I did watch my girlfriend race it though. Looking forward to racing an Olympic distance. Anyone else notice a trend of not-quite-olympic distance races around the Midwest?

sweet
Quote Reply