Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2004 Tri-Preview
Quote | Reply
I know Interbike is two months away but does anyone have any scoop on the 2004 Tri-Products? Frames, wheels, bars...etc.

I am thinking about building up a new ride for '04 and always interested in the pipeline.
Quote Reply
Re: 2004 Tri-Preview [df] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't vouch for the truth of any of these, but a quick synopsis of the rumors circulating in this forum are:

- new Trek tri bike
- new Kestrel KM40 in more sizes and 650c/700c options
- new, ligher Renn disc
- new Renn front wheel
- 2004 Cervelo P3 w/ Dura-Ace 10-speed
- limited edition 2004 Cervelo P3 w/ team CSC colors and Ultegra 9sp

Anyone else have any good ones (preferrably true)?
Quote Reply
Re: 2004 Tri-Preview [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Anyone else have any good ones (preferrably true)?"

Any truth to the rumor of Giant's Team Once TT bike at this year's TDF going into production? I would think probably not, but it's something to drool over.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

-----------HOT OF THE PRESS--------

"Zipp, Corima, Hed and Mavic will lower their prices in 2004 by an average of 60% to compete with what the insiders are calling a superior wheel manufactured by Renn. These manufactures feel that it is just a matter of time before the educated consumer realizes that a comparable product is being sold for half or less than their suggested retail prices."

I got this news from

http://www.ifyoubelievethisyouarecrazy.com

Quote Reply
Renn Disc [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't seem to get the website to work.

-Sarcasm is a virtue
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's my predictions:

more new aerobars, some in carbon, some in aluminium

(possibly) a new option for brakes on road bikes

more new carbon aero wheels, both solid and spoked

new products from Tiso Bike, the ones who brought you the Bartol System, along with ultra light weight rear mechs, cassettes, and other bolts and bits.

some new wowie neato cool aero forks that comply with the UCI regs

new frames and bikes in various shapes and materials; possibly another sub-16lbs steel bike

entry level tri bikes that looked at the Cervelo one and the Felt entry level bikes for inspiration

carbon, carbon everywhere!!!!

carbon-wrapped aluminium and other materials

a new C'dale with less aluminum

more silly uses for carbon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is more of a wish than a prediction:

Another aero-helmet or two to compete with the Louis Garneau helmet. IMO, the LG aerohelmet shape could be improved.

E-Z

--It ain't a good idea to swim near MY bubbles! Tongue
Quote Reply
Re: 2004 Tri-Preview [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As I work within the bike industry I have first-hand knowledge that Cannondale is redesigning their tri frame for 2004. A lot has been improved to reduce weight and improve aerodynamics, such as a rear wheel cutout and flatter down tube. With any luck Cannondale will be releasing full detail snad specs in the near future, but until then they do have some of their 2004 bikes updated on their website currently.

As for the Trek tri bike rumor, it is just that at this point. My Trek rep. was not forthcoming about any new information and would not confirm (nor deny) any truth to these rumors. Hopefully details will arise quickly to confirm or deny this information.

Regarding the 10-spd. Dura-Ace, that is all that Shimano will be producing for 2004, so any Dura-Ace equipped bike will be 10-spd. with double chainrings.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A new product company to keep your eye on is Blackwell. They are making awesome carbon bars, forks, and wheels (disc and deep section wheels).
Quote Reply
Re: 2004 Tri-Preview [vicmitkal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speaking of Dura Ace 10 speed, does anyone know the cassette configurations that will be offered?
Quote Reply
Here you go... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any word on the Carbon version of the Oval Aero bars? When will they be released and will they cost as much as the Hed's?

"The more you sweat today, the less you bleed tomorrow"
Quote Reply
It's heeeere... Team CSC P3 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At least one of the rumors has been proven true:

http://www.cervelo.com/text-icon-P3.html

Check out the 2004 P3 w/ Team CSC colors. Bad ass!
Quote Reply