Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Transition Area
Quote | Reply
Where is the best place to set up your bike in a transition area? I always get to the transition area early and pick an end spot but I am never sure if it should be near the "bike out" or the "bike in" (what if they are on opposite sides) or the "Run out" or near the swim entrance or just in the middle of everything. There has to be some kind of strategy....

Any advice would be helpful!
Quote Reply
Re: Transition Area [Greyhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like to be near the bike out because I put my cycling shoes on in transition and run with them out. I allways take my feet out of the shoes before getting off of the bike and into the transition area so it doesn't matter where the bike in is for me. Most of the time the bike in and out have been the same for me.

I've still have to learn how to get on the bike with the shoes clipped in allready.
Quote Reply
Re: Transition Area [Greyhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I always try to put my bike in a spot that will require the least amount of time running through transition with the bike. It's much faster to run without the bike. Of course it's always good to have an end spot as well. I'm always amazed at the people who show up right before the transition area closes prior to the race and complain they can't find a good spot. In some of the races they give the prime spots to the pros regardless of when they show up. In other races the transition is assigned by wave number. No matter how it's done at any particular race it's best to minimize time spent running with the bike. Hope this helps.
Quote Reply