Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? May 14 Edition
Quote | Reply
Tell us about it!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 14 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I met my goals, which were 2 speed swims, 1 bike, let running take care of itself. That all was fine and I had some fast runs. Eating went well :-) I only had one day that I felt binge urges in the PM and I dealt with it well - caught myself starting to snack, realized it was because I was tired, and went to bed.

M - 10 mi
T - 7.2 mi run + 3000 yd swim
W - 7.5 mi run +2300 yd swim
T - 11 mi run
F - 11 mi run + 1400 yd swim
S - 30 mi bike + 6.2 mi run
S - 13.1 mi run + hip exercises

totals: 6700 yd swim, 30 mi bike, 66 mi run. (361 aerobic points... I keep trying to get on that leaderboard on the training log :P )
Swim speed workouts were 15 x 200 best average (arithmetic mean ;-) on 2:00, held 1:15s ; and then 5 x 300 on 6:00 vo2 max averaged 3:52. Run workouts included 26 min progressive Thursday (7.5 mph to 10 mph increase speed every minute); and the M, F, S, and S runs all had 10ks that were ~44 min. I was pleased.

Goal this week: 2 swims, 2 rides, let running take care of itself

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That looks like a great week. Well done.

I was tapering, so not as good as yours. I felt really tired all week. I HATE taper.

Ended up w/
Run - 45 miles, 8 runs
Bike - 50 miles, 2 rides
Swim - 2.6 miles in 2 swims.

This week will be 2 very short swims. 3 miles running every day and maybe one bike followed by IM TX on Saturday. Everyone send me positive vibes! My goal is to finish. It looks to be hot and humid - big surprise.

Have a great week!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 14 Edition [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go nad!

I did well at my 70.3 this weekend, and am looking forward to a solid recovery week. Then the countdown to the fall IM begins.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- swim x 4: WIN, including my unspoken goal of 7k for the week (edit: i can't count. that was 8k for the week).
- cycle x 4 incl. longer ride (50+km) and hopefully commuting to the market on saturday: super WIN! market commute + 52km on saturday, and a truly awesome ride on my tri bike (1st outdoor ride of the year on it) last night
- run x 6: WIN
- core/strength x 4: WIN
- kick the headcold that's settled in on me: i'll call this one a draw. it's not quite gone, but i'm about 85% over it.

this week's goals:
- swim x 4 including 1 OWS
- cycle x 4 for over 125km total
- run x 6
- core/strength x 4
- get out paddling on the long weekend

best of luck on saturday nad!

cheers!

-mistress k

Last edited by: mistressk: May 14, 12 7:37
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 14 Edition [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:
Go nad!

I did well at my 70.3 this weekend, and am looking forward to a solid recovery week. Then the countdown to the fall IM begins.

Well done!!!

Which one did you do? Any race report coming our way. I'd love to hear how you did.
Congrats.

Enjoy your recovery. you earned it.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 14 Edition [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
best wishes and can't wait to hear about it. You have put in lots of miles.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice job! Enjoy your week.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:

congrats on your race!

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
My first sub-6 HIM, so I'm psyched. Huge PR on the swim, thanks to my work with the Finding Freestyle program; despite a mechanical did not lose ground on the bike; run time was what I expected based on training. The best part is that this is the first lc event that I didn't poop out on the run. I suffered, and I was glad to find a buddy holding the same pace as myself for the last couple of miles, but I never got that "I can't move one more step curl up in a ball" feeling. Good confidence builder as I look to my Fall race.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, been stuck in training all week... one day left! I managed a PR for 5k on the weekend, even though I felt flat. So I'll take it :-). This week is all about "school", but I've got a least one or two longish road rides on tap for the weekend. Other than that, nothing else planned until next week.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 14 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did 1 ride today and snapped a shifting cable on the way back. The bike is at the shop but I should be able to borrow a bike to ride tomorrow so I can meet my goal of 2 for the week.

Quote Reply