Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any Ideas on Olympic Distance after Chest Infection
Quote | Reply
Hi

Have been training hard for the last couple of months, and the big triathlon of the season is next saturday(6 days away)!

The only problem is that I picked a chest infection last week after a triathlon. Haven't trained in a week, and beginning to worry.

Going to go for easy bike today to feel how the body is, as I think and feel I'm over it, but for the rest of the week, what kind of training should I be doing this week so that I will be at my best for saturday?
Quote Reply
Re: Any Ideas on Olympic Distance after Chest Infection [nobby1972] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was in the same boat as you before the Camp Pendleton Tri (same distance too). I went for an easy ride the week prior as well to see how I felt. And although I was ok, I felt worse after the ride than during. Coughing a lot! So, I decided just to rest and do nothing but rest and sleep a lot prior to the race. I too, was nervous about the lack of training just a little prior to my big race. The rest however, paid off, I did the race (not a great finish), but I finished and was happy about that.

Good Luck!
Quote Reply