Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dumb question from a mens on a gift for my wife
Quote | Reply
She has wanted a "Full Zip Hoody Sweatshirt" from her alma mater for about two years. But somehow they don't have anything smaller than a women's large, ever. I think that'd be a bit big, but miiiiight fall into the "big in a comfy way" range.

My question is: about what size for a woman would a child's large be? More like a women's small?
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb question from a mens on a gift for my wife [Tridiot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I usually wear a women's small, and I often just get the kids large or x-large because I either like the design better, or it's simply cheaper. I'd say try it. I think it would work. Unless she has really long arms. Because kids sizes do have a little shorter arms.

Good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kids, especially a BOYS XL, might be just the ticket. I think it's worth a try. I have also torn apart and re-sewn stuff that I got when it was "sorry, we only have L or XL left", etc. So maybe a tailor in the area would work? Although, that definitely adds to the cost of the hoodie.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
in the US, size 1 is still too large. Once a salesgirl told me to look at Jr size 2-3, now I don't waste time in the womens dept. anymore... straight to Jr girls. 3 is still a bit baggy though.

edit: don't even consider boys sizes. Boys XL? LOL even a boys medium these day is huge for a small woman.

When they kick at your front door, How you gonna come?
With your hands on your head
Or on the trigger of your gun
Paul Simonon
Last edited by: qqqq: May 10, 12 3:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I was skinnier (womens' 6 or S) I could wear a boys L or XL.

It's a good idea as it's not like a zip hoodie is a garmet that has to be fitted to look nice. Go for it.
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb question from a mens on a gift for my wife [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hit "Purchase" yesterday, so hopefully it works...

Thanks for the responses all.
Quote Reply