Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

missing the logic
Quote | Reply
so I've been riding and running throughout the winter (ha! who uses A/C in winter? We do!) at pretty much a steady pace. Zone 2, some zone 1, some sprints but not consistently pushing myself. I mean training doesn't even start until May so why burn out? Right? AND, I'm maintaining at a level higher than the training plan's first month (or so) anyway, so I figure I'm just building an awesome base. My goal over winter (again, I say HA to the concept of "winter") was to establish my run. I wanted to get to a 4+ hour week of running 6 or 7 days a week and feel comfortable with that load. And I am. I had been hanging at around 4 hours all of March and have had 2 solid weeks over 4 hours and am going into my 3rd week and feeling happy about that. All along I've been working the bike little by little, making more consistent faster 40km rides and going under 3 hours for the 90 km ride (which ain't slacking in this wind) but have not been pushing super hard for long periods of time.

So the last 2 weeks I just happened to decide to push the pace. I have hammered out rides so hard that I was totally spent at the end and couldn't even brick the run. On swim days I have pushed the pace and even just ran 10 days in a row. And my legs keep coming back! I totally expected my legs to rebel and refuse to perform but it seems the harder I push them the harder they want to go. I just had an amazing "long" (75 min) run today and pushed the pace the entire time. I normally negative split but today I pushed from the start. I was zone 3 to 4 the whole way and was D.E.A.D. when I finished but my legs responded every time I wanted to push. I figured after my ride yesterday (left it all out on the carretera and held nothing back) they'd be dead today, but it was almost like I had a rest day yesterday because they were strong for the run today (well for the first 60 min anyway :)).

So it seems that the harder I push my body, the more it wants to be pushed and the more it will respond (instead of wanting rest). AND I'm an old fart in menopause. What gives?

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Re: missing the logic [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's my guess - you build an awesome base?
Quote Reply