Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? April 30th edition
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Run 4x -> DONE, I managed 5 runs, including 1 intervals session
Ride 2x (including 1 road ride of 2hr min) -> DONE, I got in 2 commute rides (2hrs total) and one 3hr road ride which was a solid effort and felt fantastic!
Swim 1x -> FAIL. I just need to suck it up and *make* the time.
Diet: tracking well below targets, so a few weeks of this and I should notice.

This week's goals:

Run 5x including 1x drills/plyometrics; 1x tempo; 1x long (2hr+)
Ride 3x including 2 commutes and 1 road or MTB of 2hr min
Swim 1x.
Diet: keep on tracking and keep on undershooting the targets.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 30th edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Week: 4 runs on the east coast and three on the west coast :-) I visited Oregon State University and that's where I'm going to school. Tough choice - I had some good options ( U Maryland, U Delaware, U Nevada at Las Vegas, and U Georgia) but OSU is the best fit for me as far as faculty research interests and my own. I am excited to be in Oregon and I hear it's great for cycling...
Did not meet the swim goal (3x / 10k); travel was too crazy and I was exhausted. I did a reasonably good job with eating while I was traveling - only one bad day.

M - 7 mi run
T - 8 mi run + 3300 yd (threshold)
W - 8.2 mi* + 1600 yd
Th - 9.3 mi
F - 6 mi
S - 12 mi
S - 7 mi

*workout: 3 x 1 mi, avg. 6:27

Goals for this week: 3 swims, 1 ride, let running take care of itself

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are back at it!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 30th edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, camp helped me get my mojo back ;-)

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tigerchik, congrats on the school choice!

Just finished up second peak week training for HIM. All I have to do is hang on until Wednesday and then taper starts. Damn I'm tired. Recovery run and ride today--and I could barely finish. Just felt like weeping. Probably hormones combined with training. It will all be better come race day. ;-)

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
goals for last week - 3 rides, 2 swims, working on getting up to 5 days running.
Only got in the two swims, rode 2x, and running was sad 2x).

This week! Yay, a fresh start.
Goals of 3 rides (interval, tempo, long)
2 swims w/masters (one down, one to go)
and 5 runs (one down, 4 to go - including an interval, tempo and long run).

I also need to figure out a schedule I can keep. I want to start doing the local track club's weekly interval workout on Tuesdays at 6:45pm - 8pm. So I had the bright idea I should bike this morning before work. Alarm went off, I got up, bathroom, and right back to bed.
I don't have enough time to bike between work and the workout. Grrr. So where can I fit this bike ride? I can tell myself all kinds of things the night before about why I need to get up in the morning but when morning happens, I don't happen. I will pick sleep pretty much every time.

Tigerchik - congrats on picking a school.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm SO excited for you. I grew up in Oregon, and lived there for 30 years before moving. It's a really wonderful place, but get your anti-depressants out. Lots of drizzle for 8 months a year. Not by accident Starbucks started in Seattle. But I would move back in a heartbeat if I could. (Kids are not in Oregon).

Disclaimer - I'm a duck (University of Oregon). But I still love the Beavers. So good luck. I'm super jealous.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a good week. Last really big week before IM taper. I really wish I had a couple more weeks. Sigh. Boston really interrupted my peaking. Oh well, revise goals and just have fun.

Bike x 4 for total of 9 hours, including one 5 hour ride
Swim - only one
Run - x 7 but not as far as I usually do. The biking and the recovery from Boston taking it's toll.

I'm 3 weeks out. This week should start taper.
Goals
Ride x 3 including one 4 hour ride
run - everyday, but increase mileage just a little.
Swim - at least 3 times, 3500-4000 each time.

Good training to all.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 30th edition [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:
Tigerchik, congrats on the school choice!

Just finished up second peak week training for HIM. All I have to do is hang on until Wednesday and then taper starts. Damn I'm tired. Recovery run and ride today--and I could barely finish. Just felt like weeping. Probably hormones combined with training. It will all be better come race day. ;-)

I feel your pain. You did the work, now just relax and let the race take care of itself. I think it's a good sign you're tired, if you weren't, you wouldn't have trained hard enough. But now rest.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 30th edition [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL about Starbucks.
Nice week :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
all right, i'm back in.

last week's goals:
- 6 runs incl 1 x hill repeats + 12k long run: WIN
- cycle at least 100km: WIN with 132km
- swim 4 x for at least 7k: WIN
- core/strength x 4: WIN

this week's goals:
- swim x 3 (missing one due to a concert on thursday night)
- cycle 3 x
- run x 5 incl my first 10k race in almost 3 years on sunday
- core/strength x 4 but no heavy lifting

on a related note, i am raising funds for KidsAbility (http://www.kidsability.ca/) through the 10k race on sunday - this wonderful group offers programs that assist developmentally challenged children with everything from physiotherapy and speech therapy through social skills and confidence building, and i'd be most obliged if you'd consider making even a small donation through this link: http://my.e2rm.com/...gistrationID=1385281 (all donations are tax deductible, and both credit cards and paypal are accepted).

cheers!

-mistress k

Last edited by: mistressk: May 1, 12 9:23
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 30th edition [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, nad. Unfortunately, I didn't do the work.... family and work kept me from doing the build I had planned, then I jumped back in to peak weeks, hoping I could hang on until taper. That came to an abrupt end last night at about 1950m in the pool, when I ran out of gas. Bagged last night's bike, since I couldn't do the intensity and I figured long slow miles aren't going to do anything for me now.

Here is where training logs help. Went through logs preparing for same HIM last year. For the three months prior to taper, compared to last year swim distance is double, run miles up about 25%, and bike down just a tad. Duration in all three is shorter than last year, because all my paces are faster. Not as many long bricks. So, on one hand I tell myself I'm ready, and on the other, because I didn't meet my training goals, I don't feel that way so much. Race day will be nothing if not interesting!

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 30th edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nice volume :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks, but remember 2 x1 = is only 2! Now if I had gone from 50 mpw running to 100....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you run zero miles a week you can double, triple, or quadruple your mileage easily...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My advise is get in a good taper, and enjoy yourself. I would bet money you'll pleasantly surprise yourself with how well you do. Good luck!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tigerchik, for some reason I thought you were a math nerd. Isn't zero times anything always zero? ;-)

Thanks nad. The race will go great, or I'll learn something, or both!

Quote Reply