Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? April 23/24 edition
Quote | Reply
Tell us about it!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 23/24 edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I met my schoolwork goals (thesis edits for advisor's final review; portfolio done) and my swim goal (3x). I did not do the 2 rides I wanted to - I chose to read instead. My brain craves intellectual stimulation and that's how I wanted to spend my free time last weekend. The week was:

M - 13.1 mi run
T - 6 mi run + 5000 yd swim
W - 6 mi run + 3200 yd swim
Th - 12 mi run
F - 5 mi run + 4200 yd swim
S - 9.5 mi run (speed workout) + hip exercises
S - 10 mi run

totals: 12.4 k swim + 61.6 mi run

Goals for this week - I will be traveling to visit another school (next Monday I will have made a decision and can finally tell you where I'm going!) Thurs-Sunday, so this will likely be another swim/run week. Goal is 3 swims totaling 10k ... and hopefully some of them will be in someone else's pool :D

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The biggest goal this week is to handle the travel - I am flying across the country so it will be lots of long hours on the plane. I have the following list of stuff to do:
- transcribe data for work
- 3 books
- make teaching materials for next week
- study for my foreign language final
- crossword puzzles + watch movies on my laptop

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week: 4 runs in Japan (2 in Tokyo [10k; 6k], 1 in Nagoya [6k] and 1 in Kyoto [9k]), followed by 36hr of travel home, and an awesome 11k run with the dog on Sunday morning. Total mileage: 42k. Not bad for a very busy week.

This week:
Run 4x
Ride 2x (including 1 road ride of 2hr min)
Swim 1x

Signed up for Leadman 125 Bend (Sept), so it's ON! I've started using myfitnesspal to track my foods, so the goal is 1lb a week for ~10weeks. If I can do that for Vashon (early July) and keep it in check til Sept, I should be in good shape. The trick for me will be to get the leg speed up (need to get back to the track).

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week was fine.
Swam twice
Biked 3x
ran 3x
I added 1 more workout as I'm building back up.
Had a fun half marathon on Sunday. I hung with my friend who was doing the full until the 8 something mile mark where we split up. So I ran a bit slower as I was keeping her company with her goal pace group. After we split I picked it up but only slightly because I wasn't trained to race a half marathon due to my previous iron issues. Felt pretty good. Legs a bit sore.
Today I go back for my second blood test to check the iron levels. Haven't been tested since the initial diagnosis.
After I finished running, got my townie bike out and backtracked to find my friend. Cheered and leapfrogged her to the finish (I didn't want to be seen as 'pacing' her). She beat her goal time by 3 minutes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did the Boston Marathon on Monday. It was hot. Just ran to finish and had even splits the whole way so felt good that I didn't melt. Plus - and I'll be honest here - I beat a woman I dislike by > 20 min. :) It was about 30 min off where I should have been, but still a BQ by 9 minutes so overall a good day and just what I planned.

I took a couple recovery days, and now I'm having trouble getting motivated to train again and I have IM TX in < 4 weeks. I know, I just need to HTFU. So I hope to get 3 swims, 4 longer bikes and a little running.

Have a great week everyone.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 23/24 edition [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on your finish and beating the woman you don't like... I will echo your honesty and say there are definitely a few women in my run club that I get psyched when I win just because I don't like them

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Other good news - I'm no longer iron deficient!
The iron is actually just a teeny tiny touch high right now. So now it will be interesting to ensure I stay at optimum levels.
doc's office hasn't called me yet on the test results, it will be interesting to hear what they say as I'm not impressed with this doc so far. (My beloved former doc retired or moved)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
Congrats on your finish and beating the woman you don't like... I will echo your honesty and say there are definitely a few women in my run club that I get psyched when I win just because I don't like them

The amount of running you're getting in lately, you should be kicking some fanny!! Have fun when you blow by them :)
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 23/24 edition [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've also had iron problems. I got an infusion once, which increased my levels tremendously, but it was an onerous experience (a gross IV drip of orange liquid that left a metallic taste in my mouth.) Hemingway says that taste--pennies in the mouth--is the taste of death.

Last week I resolved to swim or bike, but didn't have time for that jazz. It was another week of running!

M: 1 mile warmup, 8 mile tempo at 6:30 pace
T: 7 miles at 7:15
W: 2 mile warmup, 20 min tempo at 6:15
T: unintentional day off for social events/too lazy to get up to do it in the morning
F: 9 miles at 8:00 pace
S: track, descending intervals, 1 x mile at 5:45, 1 x 1000 at 3:30, 1 x 800 at 2:40, 1 x 400 at 72. 6 miles on the day. Ran a cool down, which is rare for me.
S: 10 miles at 8:30-9 min

I think my body doesn't tolerate Saturday night activities the way it used to, and I have to start respecting that. I used to bounce out of bed for long runs on Sundays regardless of the hour and run faster than some of my races. That does not happen anymore!
Quote Reply