Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

endurolytes
Quote | Reply
Any suggestions on how to carry endurolytes pills on the bike or the run so you do not have mess around to much to find or get the pills out? I heard about the idea of using a tic tac box but isn't the hole to small to get the pills out. Previously I used little bag but i am looking for a new suggestion!

Your help is appreciated.

Greyhound
Quote Reply
Re: endurolytes [Greyhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
E-caps sells grandpa's old fashioned coin purses for 25 cents on their website. These will hold about 12 caps and keep them pretty dry. I have had good success just using the coin purses. You'll need one for the run and one for the bike at the ironman distance.

You can also buy endurolyte powder now and just pre-mix it into your sports drink. Then you won't need to carry pills, depending on your race duration.

Kyle Handley
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been using an old prescription bottle. The cap opens easily yet is water resistant (doesn't let my sweat in but haven't ridden in the rain with it). It fits in my Bento Box with my Hammergel flask. I can open it keeping the cap in one hand while tipping the bottle to my mouth and get the right number of caps. Only problem I have ever had is if I open the bottle on a rough road - looks like a popcorn machine!

Tried the coin purse idea but 1) didn't hold enough (heavy sweater) and had problems getting caps out. Also, in my water bottle carrier, sweat did get into the change purse and they start to disolve and make a mess.

I like the caps because you know exactly how much you are getting and I detest the taste the powder gives drinks.

Larry

Larry

Don't be afraid to ride too long or too hard. That's what cell phones are for. Rich Strauss
Quote Reply
Re: endurolytes [letter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what do you do for the run?
Quote Reply
Re: endurolytes [Kyle Handley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been contemplating using a 35mm film case, but the perscription bottle sounds like a good idea also.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I carry a water bottle holder and put the prescription bottle in one of the pockets. In a race just slow down/stop for the 10 seconds it takes or if you're good just keep going. I do a lot of trail runs and stumbled spraying the things everywhere. As a MOPer/BOPer that kind of time means very little to me.

Just my 2cents,
Larry

Larry

Don't be afraid to ride too long or too hard. That's what cell phones are for. Rich Strauss
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't remember exactly where I saw it, but someone mentioned using a plastic Mint Skittles container. I got one recently and used it on a long ride with success. I plan on using it during my 1/2 IM next month.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is even suggested by Hammergel to simply add the Endurolytes to your drink if convenience is an issue. Just pull apart the gelcaps and dump the contents into your bottle.

I have a tough time--especially on the bike--getting the gelcaps out of the change purse.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Starbuck's is selling chewing gum that comes in metal cannisters. They're about 3" long, narrow profile, and the lid is hinged. I can hold 25+ capsules in one and easily open with one hand without worrying about dropping the lid. Fits easily in a side or back pocket of a tri jersey.

I've used the Tic-Tac containers, but they can be a hassle to get the pill out of.

I've also used a zip-loc baggie with duct tape on each side of the baggie at the top. Makes it easy to open.

I'm going with the Starbuck's cannister at IMC.

scott
Quote Reply
Re: endurolytes [2WheelsGood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eric, the way I get them out of the change purse is to just open it a crack, then stick my tongue in there...the caps will stick to your tongue...you can easily just select one without getting the other ones slimy, and pull it into your mouth just like a frog does! It works fine this way for me. I put the change purse in my pocket with the slit side away from my body to prevent sweat from getting to the capsules. Hope this helps....

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Re: endurolytes [yaquicarbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Eric, the way I get them out of the change purse is to just open it a crack, then stick my tongue in there...the caps will stick to your tongue...
Yeah, I was fairly successful doing it that way. If you're in a situation where you're not carrying a bottle (drinking from feed stations) that method works well. But if you are drinking from a bottle that you can prepare before an event, it's easier to just mix it in beforehand.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use little miniature zip lock bags. I found them at a local natural food store that sells bulk food and they are for their spices. They sold me 300 of them for $2.00. They are about 1.5-2" x 3". All I do is put 2 caps in each bag, then cut a small slit in the bag (5mm), then tape it on my stem so I can tear it off like you would a gel packet. It works good for me, I get the exact number I want and no fumbling with lids. The only problem may be for people who use more than about 10 bags it will get pretty bulky, although you could tape them on your top tube also, or wherever.
Quote Reply
Re: endurolytes [2WheelsGood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've mixed them in my drinks before, but, somehow they just don't dissolve completely. There are little bits of "sandy" pieces that can irritate the back of my throat. It took a couple of times doing that until I realized what it was. I just take the capsules now.

Oh, a side effect I found when taking them, I not only can taste them in my sweat within minutes of taking them, but my hands smell like them for about 1/2 day...sorta strange. They certainly do stop cramps for me, though!

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply