Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: aero bento boxes [TexanTriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TexanTriathlete wrote:
What do you recommend for the new Speciaized SHIV? I'd like to be able to fill th fuelselage bladder on the go so the bento box can't cover the area right behind the stem. I guess I'll either need to move it back or attach it near the seat post?

Not sure if your question has been fully answered yet, but we suggest the Speedpack 483 for the Shiv, lots of Shiv riders report that it works totally great for them. As the other poster mentioned, you can put the pack just aft of your fuel bladder opening if you need to refill on-the-go. However, you can mount the pack over part of the opening if you want the Speedpack to sit more forward. The pack will still be 100% secure there, and it is removable. But you won't be able to refill as you ride. Hope this info helps, but don't hesitate to post again if you have more questions.

Greg @ dsw

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: aero bento boxes [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greg,

Thanks for the help! I notice your product is quite a bit more than the Fuel Belt and XLab bento boxes. What sets yours apart?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TexanTriathlete wrote:
Greg,

Thanks for the help! I notice your product is quite a bit more than the Fuel Belt and XLab bento boxes. What sets yours apart?

There's 5 pages of this exact thread and his entire website that discusses this.
Quote Reply
Re: aero bento boxes [bchambliss10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you like the box on your SHIV? Does it hit your legs while pedaling?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 Works perfect, does not get in the way or touch my legs while riding.
Quote Reply
Re: aero bento boxes [LSUfan4444] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is like my new S5.
Quote Reply
Re: aero bento boxes [bchambliss10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. What all will it hold?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TexanTriathlete wrote:
Thanks. What all will it hold?

If it helps, we have some detailed capacity info at the bottom of this page.

Greg @ dsw

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wish I had never seen this thread, now i want one of the 483 speedpacks! They look great and the capacity is great!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TexanTriathlete wrote:
Greg, Thanks for the help! I notice your product is quite a bit more than the Fuel Belt and XLab bento boxes. What sets yours apart?

No worries, glad to help.

If you're asking about the 483, what sets us apart there is that neither fuelbelt nor xlab make anything even remotely comparable to the Speedpack 483. The 483 is the only top tube pack in existence that works perfectly (and 100% securely) on superbikes like the Shiv. Otherwise, you've probably looked at the 483's extensive feature list. Not many other bento packs (well, ... actually ... zero) have a shape that is directly derived from a true low-drag airfoil. But the 483 is. The final thing, and this may not be important to some folks, but we actually make these packs ourselves, and we make them here in the USA.

Hope that helps, but if you've got more questions, post anytime.

Greg @ dsw

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Mar 26, 13 14:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
other than the original MIT thesis paper ---- has anyone validated any model top tube pack versus nothing at all in a tunnel or chung testing?

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Re: aero bento boxes [jeremyb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, but it depends on the bike.

Some field testing has indicated that a properly shaped pack can reduce aero drag.

--
Quote Reply
Re: aero bento boxes [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Due to my crotch always hitting the OEM bento box with the Plasma, took time to make my own.
Inspired with the rubber surface of Profile's bento instead of the hi-impact plastic I was using before.
I made patterns on the rubber material and glued parts together.
Not yet 100% satisfied with my final shape but happy that what I imagined was actually possible in the fabrication process.
A full rubber bento box (with some plastic stiffeners), light, durable & edges can flex to accommodate cable movement.
Best of all, shorter bento for my Plasma!
Only drawback...cant paint the rubber bento (thank god matte black is in)
Happy now my twins not hitting the bento every dismount.

Quote Reply
Re: aero bento boxes [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
love it!

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Re: aero bento boxes [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice work. Would you be selling the old (oem) box?
Quote Reply
Re: aero bento boxes [Veloist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have already sold the Plasma & the bento with it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next