Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Need recommendations for a fitter in PA area
Quote | Reply
I am willing to drive 4 or 5 hours to be professionally fit. I would like to be fit by somebody that has been to FIST and would like some recommendations. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Andy

'You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Thinsg Are As They Are.'
Quote Reply
Yo Andy [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You might want to try Cycles by Kyle in (I think) Bryn Mawr. It's just outside Philly on the Mainline. Great store with knowledgable folks.
Quote Reply
Re: Yo Andy [Jerry in PA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Jerry,

Good to hear from you. Hope all is going well with you son! My daughter is due to arrive Aug 26th. Are you still doing Moo?

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've ruled out Kyle based on some input from various pro/amateur past experiences. I can tell you about them next time I run into you. Still swimming at the Y?

Andy

'You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Thinsg Are As They Are.'
Quote Reply
Re: Need recommendations for a fitter in PA area [Andy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andy,

If you don't mind driving a little bit I would recommend Paul Levine of signature cycles. Paul is a master fitter who has been written about plenty on this forum. He is head of the serotta fit school and does an excellent fit, talking the time to walk you through the proper mechanics of cycling and evaluating you particular range of motion. Not super close to Philly but worth the trip.

www.signaturecycles.com

Neal Dunn
Quote Reply
Re: Need recommendations for a fitter in PA area [Neal Dunn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Neal, that is who I'm leaning towards. Any additional comments on Paul would be appreciated. Thanks again!

Andy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't had a bike fit done by Paul, but have spoken to several serious riders in NY who swear by him. Very well known and respected by the community. I have heard nothing but positive reviews all around. I've also seen Paul post once or twice here as well. Someday, when I have an engine that justifies a bike that justifies a highly tuned fit, he's the guy I'll go to.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Andy,

I read your inquiry and actually saw a name---Paul Levine---with which I am familiar. I have actually had Paul fit me on a bike and then custom design and Serotta Legend Ti bike for me. It would be an understatement to say this guy knows how to fit a cyclist or to describe how absolutely satisfied I was with the his services. He's not that far from you either. You should at least give him a call or read some of the articles he's written on professional fitting, areodynamics critical to riding (if you're interested go to Serotta's web site (www.serotta.com) they have a forum there. On the forum you can find articles that Paul has written....the guy knows his stuff!

Aside from his knowledge, the fitting process took me about 4-5 hours. Paul will interview you. He'll get a history from you...the goals you're trying to achieve...your current training plans..what kind of rider are you (your strengths and weaknesses...eg. are you good climber? how long can you stay in the areo position...etc) what races are you targeting (Ironman, crits, etc)...he assess/measure your current level of flexibility...

In other words, he'll take time with you to give you the absolute best!

After this interview...THEN he'll start with your bike!

I was so pleased with how his fitting service increased my performance on an entry level tri bike...I ended up having him custom design my Serotta.

Before you go with anyone definitely check Paul out! Best wishes to you in your decision.

David
Last edited by: dr02: Aug 11, 03 9:11
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Andy [Andy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on your daughter. My son is doing great. He's bigger every time I look at him. He just started crawling and man can he motor. I pulled out of MOO because of injuries and family committments. I took a little time off, drank beer, put on a few pounds and then signed up for Lake Placid 2004. I'm back swimming at the Y but mostly at lunch time so I dont take too much away from family time in the evening. I'm banking all the time I spend at home so I can use it all next summer to train.
Quote Reply