Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

score!!!
Quote | Reply
just bought a mini van for $300.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: score!!! [customerjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$300??....Did it come with an engine?

Tongue

E-Z

--It ain't a good idea to swim near MY bubbles! Tongue
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see cars everyday for less than my bikes. Hell, my car is worth less that two of my bikes. Good luck on your van, I've been thinking about picking up beater truck myself.
Quote Reply
Re: score!!! [E-Z] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
came with an engine. fuel gauge is busted, no ac, door ajar light is always on. paint flaking off.

engine good, brakes good, transmission good, steering good, all seat belts work.

i sold my prelude at the same time i sold my lemond. i look at this as a another step back to the former greatness known a 'jon. that ugly dude who won't shut up.'

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
all seat belts work.

Excellent. Ash tray functioning as well?

In all seriousness, well done.

FWIW: My first was a '62 Dodge Dart (slant 6, push button automatic transmission) bought at age 18 from a GI for $110 in '72. Purchased in haste after a certain very comely first-major-girlfriend hinted this might improve certain other odds. Great, great ride. The car I mean.

So, once you correct for inflation, you easily outdid me.

BTW: Correct me, but I thought a customer WAS a jon. (?)
Last edited by: alpdhuez: Aug 7, 03 20:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great find!!

I drove my last car for about 5 years with a broken fuel guage. I only ran out of gas twice. The first time, it was right in front of a gas station, what luck. The second was on the NJ Turnpike at 1am after having worked a double shift. I waited 'till about 4 am for highway assistance with gas. Then he wouldn't sell me gas because I didn't have a credit card to pay him with, so he left. Finally, at about 7 am, a tow truck showed up and towed me to a gas station. By the time the car was running again, it was time for me to go right back to work.

Older cars have way more character and definitely make one's life stories more interesting.

Good luck with your car.

E-Z

--It ain't a good idea to swim near MY bubbles! Tongue
Quote Reply