Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

After Sickness, What to do? Bronchittis, Sinus' Infection
Quote | Reply
Just beginning to get over bronchittis and a sinus infection, I have not done anything, but some minor stretching for 8 days and probably won't be able to start anything for another 3-5 days. This is the longest I have taken off for over a year. Help. I was thinking ride my bike for a very short amount of time and try some walking, and then increase.
Quote Reply
Re: After Sickness, What to do? Bronchittis, Sinus' Infection [KYROCKET] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heal thyself which goes hand in hand with know thyself. If you can ride, ride. If you can walk, walk. but listen to your body so you don't have a relapse. Chances are that you've been over-doing things for a while. Consider this break a godsend, a time for introspection. If you aren't already, I recommend a high-quality vitamin-mineral supplement to nourish your imune system. Something that was recommended to me at the local health food store is echanacia-goldenseal liquid. Bitter stuff, but it works. I used it a week before a marathon in December because I had a cold accompanied by a throat-punishing cough. It worked great as I set a PR. BTW, mix the E-G liquid with water in a shot glass and shoot it. You can chase it with a high-quality juice after.

Sean
Last edited by: haystack: Aug 7, 03 18:39
Quote Reply
Re: After Sickness, What to do? Bronchittis, Sinus' Infection [KYROCKET] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3 sinus infections this year already for me. My doctor says training would be fine for me but expect to be tired, My Doc seems to have much confidence in the medicine. I use my resting heart rate to help determine what my body is doing. Some antibiotics (synthetic) will shoot my resting heart rate up about 15 beats alone plus the 3-5 extra beats for the body's own bout with the infection, talk about a restless night. I decrease the volume of training and intensity is not part of the plan at the times I am fighting an infection and often no exercise at all, like you did. With Bronchittis I would not have exercised either. Doc says exercise helps the passage ways flow, But it is so easy to overdue it you really have to monitor what is going on, the civil war inside your body leaves very little headroom to help muscle recovery.

After I completed the bout with the infection and the antibiotic script was finished, I slowly got back to my regularly scheduled program, you will be surprised on how fast your body will bounce back to where you were before. Vitamins and herbs and a balanced diet helps yet don't overdo the vitamins, pissing a yellow stream never seems healthy to me. Listen to your body if you cant hear it strap on the diagnostic tool (heart rate monitor). Good luck, getting sick sucks.
Quote Reply