Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FS: 54cm 2005 Trek 1000
Quote | Reply
   Vitals:
Trek 1000, 2005 model. If you look on Trek's website, it is the orange/white color (http://www2.trekbikes.com/...minum/1000/index.php).
All decals intact. A couple are a little dirty.
Aluminum frame, carbon fork.
Triple crank 52/42/30t
8-speed 12-26 cassette
Sora shifters and front derailleur
Tiagra rear derailleur
Alex Wheels w/tires and tubes (700x25c)
Drop bars
Pedals have clips, but I'll throw an old pair of Look clipless pedals on if you want.
Original Bontrager saddle

This was my first road bike, purchased it last July. Shop I bought it from just looked at me and said "yeah, you look like you would ride a 54cm frame." I'm 5'6". Rode it for training and my first sprint race. As I learned more about bikes, I discovered the bike was way too big for me (one of my first clues was the fact that I was getting lower when I reached for the drops than some people get on their aerobars).
So I was lucky enough to find a great new bike that I could afford. Love it. But no use for a bike that is waaaay to big for me. So I'd love to pass it on to someone who's looking for their first road bike or who wants a commuter/beater bike/etc. There are pictures on Trek's website (see link above); to see a picture of the actual bike, the best I can do is me riding it last summer: http://fuzzy.8k.com/lptri/bike1.jpg.

Less than 700 miles on it. The bike is clean but not pristine. There is a little road dirt on it in some of those hard-to-reach places. I cleaned the bike regularly and after all wet rides. Chain has been lubed frequently and consistently. If you are curious about the geometry, it's on Trek's website.

$350 plus actual cost of packaging and shipping. Packaging will be done professionally by LBS, $25 is the price they quoted me. PM me if you're interested or have questions.

Re: FS: 54cm 2005 Trek 1000 [fuzzy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and I'll throw on a Selle San Marco Azoto Tri saddle for a few bucks extra if someone wants.