Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: A little more information. [3Sport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Being passed on my P3 has caused me all of the same.

Marcel
Quote Reply
Re: A little more information. [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
more from the legal team:

" our man joe, indeed knows no shame,

to ask as he did for a carbon fibre frame.

i could, if i liked, call him lame,

but instead we will add him to our suit, by name."
Quote Reply
Re: A little more information. [t-t-n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
snap snap snap

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Warning : Cervelo [jmg1848] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmg,

You seem to misunderstand the law here (aside: whatever else you want to allege about me, I am not a lawyer).

If I understand what you said, the following occurred:

-- You chose to provide Cervelo (Gerard) with e-mails you received from Guru.

-- Those e-mails contained statements made by them -- not you -- which Cervelo believes are legally actionable as false and libelous assertions about their products.

And you're upset because, once the information you voluntarily provided alerted them to this fact, they chose to act -- without further clearance from you -- to defend their rights and interests?

You have to be kidding me -- what the hell did you expect? What would you have done if you were in their place?

Cervelo is not publicly traded. But if it were, and I were a shareholder, I would regard it as a gross lapse in fiduciary responsibility if Gerard hadn't taken the action he did.
Last edited by: alpdhuez: Aug 7, 03 8:55
Quote Reply
Re: Warning : Cervelo [alpdhuez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Cervelo is not publicly traded. But if it were, and I were a shareholder, I would regard it as a gross lapse in fiduciary resposibility if Gerard HADN'T taken the action he did.

Like you said - Cervelo is NOT publicly traded. I think that some action is just by Cervelo...however I think that maybe a better reply to the e-mail would have been putting that e-mail in an add and explain why it is false...

Add:

"Our competitor Guru bicycles said "this"..."that" is the truth...are our bikes to good the competitors need to lie to compete?" Makes Guru look bad with their own words...AND makes Cervelo stand out.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Attorneys: legal advice needed [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I felt violated...
Evidently, the quote function here allows one to reference and cite cyber-communication (once it's been voluntarily provided), without first getting the poster's prior permission to do so.

If he feels 'violated' by this, am I obligated to ship jmg my P3? :-)

Please advise.
Last edited by: alpdhuez: Aug 7, 03 8:57
Quote Reply
Re: Attorneys: legal advice needed [alpdhuez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
I felt violated...
If he feels 'violated' by this, am I obligated to ship jmg my P3? :-)

What I thought I said was that you need to ship him your used bar tape as a settlement for this matter.

I have no idea why the post did not show up.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Last edited by: Record9ti: Aug 7, 03 11:18
Quote Reply
Re: Attorneys: legal advice needed [Record9ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uh-oh -- does this mean you now owe me yours?

I'm so [i]confused[/i]!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmmm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anything you write to any company can be used as evidence in a lawsuit. And Cervelo can't stop you from talking about it unless they have a court order that restrains you.

Cervelo's management are ethiclly obligated to put forward the best case they have to advance their position. The best lesson that one can learn from this is to be careful what you say, because someone may use it in an undesirable context.

Depending upon the type of case, you may have the option of filing a brief directly with the court to clarify your statements. Or you can contact Guru and suggest they call you as a witness to refute your own email. You should contact an attorney if you would like help sorting this out.

However, if I were you, I would stop talking to Cervelo and their attorney and I would just let the matter die. Nothing good can come of it for you, and your email evidence will probably not win the case for Cervelo.
Quote Reply
Re: A little more information. [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"[reply] In addition, I emailed Guru and apologized to them for what has transpired. It was never never my intention for the information I collected to be used in this way.[/reply]

Joe:

I don't really want to dignify your statements with a response, but it is getting quite silly. The above statement is interesting, since only a week ago you wrote me:

"The information I shared with you was unique, and apparently valuable as well so I am glad to help."

A few days later you wrote me an e-mail that seems to clarify your intentions:

"To keep this from becoming a PR nightmare I am agreeable to accept some form of compensation, non-monetary. I think a Complete R2.5 (with Team Kit) in my size would do the trick."

As is obvious from this forum thread, we did not respond favorably to this "request"." Funny how once Gerard post this jmg1848 disappeared.....Now that's what you call working the system, in an unhonorable way!

KEEP ON TRI-NG
Last edited by: GatorDawg: Aug 9, 03 15:41
Quote Reply

Prev Next