Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HRM/Watch question
Quote | Reply
 I'm hoping to pay more attention to my HR, often neglected because I dont want to strap on a second watch. Right now I have a very basic Polar model. Anyone have suggestions for a HRM that combines all the watch functions needed for training and racing. Particularly chronograph. Polar, Nike, other??
Quote Reply
Re: HRM/Watch question [Charlie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Polar s210 has worked fine for me. Different zones, intervals, chrono, 5 different workouts can be set, detailed file of last workout. I didn't need to download the info, and I have a bike computer, so I didn't worry about upgrading to a Polar with the bike options.

I suppose it always comes back to what to you really need, and what can you afford. Looking forward to the day the Speed and Distance feature from Timex can be combined with a decent HRM in one unit that looks OK (ie not strapping a lap top to your arm).

Cheers

Fortitudine vincimus - "By endurance we conquer"
Quote Reply
Re: HRM/Watch question [Charlie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Although I am still too scared to take it in the pool, the Polar 720 does the job on the bike and run. Downloading to the PC is a very cool feature. This is my third Polar HRM and with the capability to remember w/u, intervals, and c/d, it seems to be smarter than I am.

I haven't seen it yet, but Timex is shipping the new GPS/HRM unit.

Good luck

Glider

David
Quote Reply
Re: HRM/Watch question [glider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the seals are guaranteed. I use my 710 in open water swims and in every race. the only way you'd get me to part with my 710 is with a 720i! most likely the best money I spent on my training last year.
Quote Reply
Re: HRM/Watch question [freo73] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Looking forward to the day the Speed and Distance feature from Timex can be combined with a decent HRM in one unit that looks OK (ie not strapping a lap top to your arm).

Cheers

Well, here it is:

It's available at roadrunnersports.com: http://www.roadrunnersports.com/...hhegbekgcgecfeedgf.0
Quote Reply
Re: HRM/Watch question [Dave in WI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had the s720i for a couple of weeks now and have taken it in the pool and the ocean. It has functioned perfectly in both environments so far (except for altitude, of course!) The only possible problem I've noticed is a slight "rainbow" coloration in the display after swimming--I wonder if a small amount of moisture is condensing inside. It seems to go away by the following day. This watch is a lot of fun for someone who likes to analyze the whole swim-bike-run using one piece of equipment! I am still trying to make the IR interface work with my PC, however (another thread).

Natrin
Quote Reply
Re: HRM/Watch question [freo73] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Polar s210 has worked fine for me. Different zones, intervals, chrono, 5 different workouts can be set, detailed file of last workout. I didn't need to download the info, and I have a bike computer, so I didn't worry about upgrading to a Polar with the bike options."

Totally agree. I know we tend to like things with more and more functions and data points and tracking features, etc, etc, but the s210 has everything I needed without having so much stuff that I would need to attend classes to figure out how to make it work. There's nothing wrong with all that extra stuff, but the s210 seems to have a good mix of the stuff you probably need, without getting way too complicated.
Quote Reply