Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

my first tri in 3 years
Quote | Reply
today i was honored with racing three of my esteemed landscaping teammates in the first and only 'crazy gringo' triathlon.

it was a 4 lap crawl through the water fountain in front of the office building (it was too shallow to swim so we all agreeded to crawl through the water. 2 laps on the mowers around the parking lot and 1 lap running around the building.

i came in third. it was a great race and the boys still laugh and yell 'jaun you loco mane!'

love those guys.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: my first tri in 3 years [customerjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your signature = Good!

-

I don't work here, I just live here
Quote Reply
Re: my first tri in 3 years [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i owe it all to you my fuzzy friend.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Customerjon, time to get serious. Time for depression is over. Time to get off you butt and do a triathlon. You are ready. You have healed to the point that you can joke about losing to your landscape buddies. That means it is time to toe the line. No you won't win, but your male ego has matured to the point that you can handle it.

Just do it,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can only assume that the crawl was a non-wetsuit crawl, so it would be hard to make up much time on that leg. However, how aero is your mower? Did it fit correctly? It might be time to invest in a new machine. If so, remember not to compare mowers but compare fit. If your mower has a grass bag on it, you could also toss the bag in an effort to cut some weight. Was your mower properly hydrated? Maybe premium fuel over standard unleaded would take some time off your mower split.

You had a good race after such a layoff. But I think you need to challenge your coworkers to a rematch. Before the rematch, be sure to post some photos of you on the mower to make sure the fit is dialed in. A better mower fit could mean the difference between finishing higher on the podium and just finishing.

RP
Quote Reply
Re: my first tri in 3 years [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mr ajfranke thank you for you support. yes the deppersion or what the hell ever happened is under control. my humor is high and my running is getting there. my problem now is money, a bike by the end of january is my goal. as soon as i get a bike i will be rocket man. you can count on it brother.

Quote Reply
Re: my first tri in 3 years [rhpreston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i came out tied for first but perfecto got the new holland before me so i was on the john deer. that new holland is one quick machine. i tihnk the john deer was too short in the cockpit.

the run was just not in the cards. i was going against dudes who after 9 hours of landscaping go roof for 5 hours. these dudes are tough.

Quote Reply