Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Profile QS2 Brake levers
Quote | Reply
Has anyone used these new Profile Design Quick Stop 2 brake levers? I saw them on trizone.com. According to the information there, they have a spring return lever in the handle and they weigh the same as the other top levers out there and seem reasonably priced.

I have a Syntace base bar and I have a vague recollection that there is a problem with mixing the two vendors. I think it was that the Space Control levers were too wide to fit in a Carbon X bar.

Any information would be appreciate. As usual, the Profile site is useless. Good products, terrible web site.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile QS2 Brake levers [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know they come with shims for larger diameter bar-ends (ie syntace). My LBS has some but I don't know how well they work, I assume better than dia-compe and syntace which do not have springs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I switched my dia compe's out for the QS2's a few months back. I love them. Very crisp feeling. The return spring works well. There is a satisfying 'snap' as the brake is released. It takes a day or two to get used to the feel of them - there is less brake to grab hold of than on the dia compes and space controls.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile QS2 Brake levers [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
By saying that there is less brake to grab hold of, do you mean that the levers are a little shorter?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use QS2s. I don't know that bullhorn brakes are anything to get excited about no matter what but the QS2s work fine. Dan wrote a good review of them not too long ago. I think the compatibility problems were with trying to use syntace levers with profile bars. I know for a fact that QS2s work fine with syntace base bars because that's what I'm running.

Anyone who tells you they're as fast now as they were when they were 18...
sure wasn't very fast when they were 18.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile QS2 Brake levers [Rich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Rich. That helps a lot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
By saying that there is less brake to grab hold of, do you mean that the levers are a little shorter? yes
Quote Reply