Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: "Peaceful Tribe" and Religious Intolerance [Barrio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
By cultish I mean that i am right and everyone else is wrong and I will not listen to and constructively repsond to arguments(or attacks) with intellect but rather just shout the other person down with a stronger more vehement insult.
Therfore any questioning of the beliefs(whether contemtuos or genuine curiousity) are often met with defensive arguments rather than intellectual argument.

I can't say that it doesn't often happen that way, of course. But in the first place, I think you're somewhat glossing over the nature of a lot of the "questioning." Too much of it isn't questioning out of genuine curiosity (like, say, Amy's question was yesterday) but is, right from the start, a contemptuous attack. I think it's a bit much to complain about defensive arguments in response.

And more importantly, I don't think it always happens that way, even in here. Are you really saying that people of faith in here never respond with honest, reasoned, intellectual arguments to honest questions about their beliefs?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: "Peaceful Tribe" and Religious Intolerance [Justin in OK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well said

Prev Next