Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Reynolds forks
Quote | Reply
Somebody asked me the other day if I have something against Reynolds forks. This was based on a post I made on this forum. I had written that there had been some problems with Ouzo Aero 700c forks on P3s, but my answer was a bit short due to limited time and the fact that I had written the long version just days earlier.

So in case others have gotten the same incorrect impression, I just want to say I have nothing against Reynolds forks (I think they are very well made) and do recommend them from time to time (no pun intended). My problem is with 40mm rake forks being put on Cervelo TT/tri bikes, and with the Reynolds Ouzo Aero being a popular fork and having a 40mm rake, this is the problematic combo we hear most about. But it also applies to other forks with a 40mm rake. So there is no problem putting a reynolds fork on your Cervelo, just make sure it's not a 40mm rake but a 43mm (for 700c).

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: Reynolds forks [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Personally I didn't like the reynolds pro 1" carbon steerer fork. I installed one on my litespeed vortex this spring. There where two things I didn't like.

1) there was more vibration transmitted to the bars with it.

2) the torsional strength (for example when you put the front wheel between your legs and twist the handle bars) of the carbon steerer tube was much less and somewhat disturbing.

I went back to the original setup a few weeks ago using threaded Kestrel carbon fork with steel steerer tube and am much happier with it although is slightly heavier.

I was, now I will tri again!
Any time is a good time.
God Bless you my friend.
Quote Reply
Re: Reynolds forks [Goodtime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This falls back into my post from a few days ago pertaining to seat tube degrees. Sometimes the best fork is the fork made or the intended OEM fork. So you can save 1oz on a fork...you can save more than that by eating more bran.

I also did not care for the Ouzo Pro on my Ultimate or Vortex and went back to the OEM Time HFC forks on each...however I love the Ouzo Pro on my Softrides.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Reynolds forks [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've yet to come across a Ouzo Pro Aero with a 43 mm. I checked the Reynolds website and they list it there, but have yet to se retailers carry them. Every retailer i see just caries 40 mm. Anybody know of a retailer that carries one in a 43 mm?

Paul..
Quote Reply
Re: Reynolds forks [Paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am sure that they can order you one from Quality, Gita, SBS or any of a few other disties.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Reynolds forks [Record9ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was told retailers had to special order the 43mm offset fork and it would take 3-6 weeks. I went with an Alpha Q instead over a profile BDC. It took 4 days to get.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply