Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Chicks: I need a fake tan
Quote | Reply
I'm going with hubby to a black tie shindig in San Fran at the end of this month. I purchased a lovely strapless gown this weekend, but I need a tan to go with it. I know there are a lot of bronzing products on the market. I'm looking for something that is idiot proof and that will give me a healthy glow. I do not want to be orange. Application tips would be appreciated. Also, should I put it on my face or just up to the neck?
Quote Reply
Re: Chicks: I need a fake tan [AmyCO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife gets spray tanning. Not quite the same and a little more expensive but it looks nice. I think most tanning places do it now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Forget the tan. Go with gold paint, and make a statement.

:)

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amy - I've never done this, but I just want to warn you that I think every person's skin reacts differently to different products. Make sure you try it out as soon as possible. What works for one person might not for another (i.e. you might get that orange effect) or you might actually break out from something if you have sensitive skin. I've read that most products on the market right now are pretty good, so you might want to just pick something out at the drug store and give it a try tonight.

Dawn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't go the drugstore route Amy...cheaper, but.... Go to the cosmetic counter of a decent department store and get the Lancome Soliel flash bronzer or some Estee Lauder self action. It's more expensive, and you have to leave it on for awhile, but it looks good.

I know all this stuff how?...well lets just say I have sisters!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know what product my wife uses but I do know that she applies it with latex gloves so she doesn't end up with weird looking palms.
Quote Reply
Re: Chicks: I need a fake tan [Hoagy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have that same problem when viewing the hottie thread. : )
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amy, you will look fine regardless. Don't worry about it.
Quote Reply
Re: Chicks: I need a fake tan [CTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Amy, you will look fine regardless. Don't worry about it. "

This is the best answer in this thread.

Dawn
Quote Reply
Re: Chicks: I need a fake tan [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gold paint. I'm tellin' ya!

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fly out here first, for 4 days. then rendezvous with him in SF. you'll have a tan under your straps, and 300 miles of cycling under your belt.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think you need a tan. Your skin tone matches your eyes and hair. It has a dignified and alluring quality to it. I think you'll look smokin without it.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Chicks: I need a fake tan [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all for the comments and the compliments -- especially the Toms (CTL and Demerly), who both know what I look like. Hubby happened to agree, so natural it is. As for Dan's kind invitation, you better watch out. I'm going to show up one day on your door step. And it won't be for the tan, but for the good company.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's San Francisco. No one has a tan, unless you ride and even then, you have to ride over the bridge or through the tunnel or up in the wine country.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply