Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NYC this Sun: half-mar, 1 mi swim, pro cycling
Quote | Reply
It's going to be a great day on Sunday in NYC. Manhattan half marathon is in central park. After the race, a group of friends are heading down to Battery Park to cheer on the finishers of the Park to Park one mile swim. Then we're heading over to watch the NYC Pro Cycling race from noon to 3pm, or as long as we can stand to watch cyclists go around in a circle in the middle of downtown.

If anyone wants to drop by and say hello, I'm going to be meeting people near the finish line of the Manhattan half from about 9:15 to 9:45 before we leave for Battery Park. We'll be at the finish of the Park-to-Park from about 10:15 to whenever. I'm about 5'8", brown hair, beard, and will be wearing a white DeSoto tri top, a white Team in Training running cap, and sunglasses.

Lee

P.S. Is anyone trying to race in both the half marathon and the park-to-park? I could *probably* make it from Central Park to South Cove in time for the start of the swim, but that just seems like a very stressful morning, and a little traffic on the west side would foil it completely.
Quote Reply
Re: NYC this Sun: half-mar, 1 mi swim, pro cycling [lsilverman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A great weekend in NYC. I'll be doing the half-marathon and then trekking down with my wife to watch the bike race. See you there! Hey Mister Rain: Don't, please.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Isn't there an ITU race the following weekend?
Quote Reply
Re: NYC this Sun: half-mar, 1 mi swim, pro cycling [M.S.kansan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The NYC Tri is on Sunday, August 10th. All the details are at nyctri.com. I believe the pro start is at 6:00 a.m. for the AGers, 8:00 a.m. for the pro women and 10:00 a.m. for the pro men. However, I believe the pros will be on a different course than the AGers.

I see Tripoet is working on his taper.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I was ultra-pleased/surprised to see the convergence of these three events on one weekend--makes NYC almost sport friendly.

(Almost)

Alas, well, not really alas, I'm going to the beach where I can dodge jellyfish and beachcombers, not taxis (riverside) and rollerbladers (westside).

Any update on the Stop sign issue on westside highway? I heard there was a movement to get them to cut down the number. As it stands now it's a f'all.

zee
Quote Reply
Re: NYC this Sun: half-mar, 1 mi swim, pro cycling [bryanjaf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Taper? Isn't that a job in a recording studio? I know, I should take it easy this weekend, but I promised my wife I'd do this race with her (afterall, she ldidn't complain about me doing the Hudson Valley Tri on her birthday). I'll think of it as a LSD training run (I'm sure my time will reflect that).
Quote Reply