Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Timex ironman watch band replacement?
Quote | Reply
I'm going quasi-bohemian and traing with just a watch - so i know when to come home. i have a really old timex ironman watch i love . . .but the strap broke from dry rot or similar a while back. anyone know if replacement bands are available or where I could find one? thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Timex ironman watch band replacement? [Camel's Toe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome to the club...I have an old 8-lap Timex Ironman that keeps taking a lickin'. Been through a bunch of bands and a few batteries which I change myself with no issues (you just have to be a little careful with the o-ring on a battery replace).

As for bands you need one piece of information to get a replacement- with a metric ruler or micrometer, measure the width of the space between the band-pin holes (it will be somewhere around 18 or 19 mm) to get the size you need.

I highly discourage the use of Velcro style wrap bands if you EVER plan to wear your watch with long sleeves of any kind. The hook part of the Velcro will fuzz and eat your cuffs so if you like your shirts, sweaters and jacket sleeves to look sharp, you will be pissed off at the damage. Also, metallic Twist-o-Flex style bands are not good for racing or body surfing; they can lead to having your watch sucked off your wrist by wave action.

I like old fashioned buckle style or nylon snap buckle types myself.

Places like REI, Target, Big 5, SportMart and of course Amazon sell all kinds of replacement bands including Timex brand. A good watch store of jeweler will put the new band on included in the cost. Takes two minutes if you are experienced at it.

Good luck.

Mr. Uncaptured External Costs

Fossil carbon is planetary poison.
Last edited by: Externality: Jan 9, 12 15:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Walmart my friend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As stated, you can get replacements at Walmart and probably lots of other places. I use only the rubbery/plastic bands w/out velcro and cloth/mesh because the funk doesn't get as bad.

CJ
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alternatively, you can send $10 to Timex with your watch and get it repaired/replaced. I have returned my Timex watch 4 or 5 times over the last 5 years, with perished buttons or broken bands, and for $10 a pop have actually gotten a brand new watch...the chlorine pool water and UV light really craps out the buttons and band.

Check out: http://www.timex.com/info/Warranty

Service of Your Watch:

If your TIMEX watch should ever need servicing, either send it to Timex addressed as follows:

TG Service Center
P.O. Box 2740
Little Rock, AR 72203

Because of possible loss, we recommend insuring your watch, return receipt requested, when using the mails. If you do not obtain the proper receipt within a reasonable time, start a tracer through the originating post office.
NEVER INCLUDE A SPECIAL WATCHBAND OR ANY OTHER ARTICLE OF PERSONAL VALUE IN YOUR SHIPMENT. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE MAY SUBSTITUTE A WATCH OF EQUAL VALUE AND SIMILAR APPEARANCE FOR YOURS ON BOTH IN-WARRANTY AND OUT-OF-WARRANTY REPAIRS.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Camel's Toe [ In reply to ]
Re: Timex ironman watch band replacement? [Hairy Legs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark - in looking at the Q&A on the website, it doesn't actually say anything about the $10. Do you send that in advance? Do they ever charge you more? Thanks again
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Target
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Camel's Toe wrote:
I'm going quasi-bohemian and traing with just a watch - so i know when to come home. i have a really old timex ironman watch i love . . .but the strap broke from dry rot or similar a while back. anyone know if replacement bands are available or where I could find one? thanks
Timex Ironman from late 80's is the best watch there is. Has all the timing, timer, alarm and storage functions you need and it is very intuitive.
I had one back then and recently picked one up on eBay (~$5). Guess what, the band broke within weeks, just like it used to back when.

I use a velcro band now. Works perfect but smells...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just send them a $10 check (with broken watch) to the address and in a few weeks get it back.

Give them a call at 1.800.448.4639 and they should confirm this.

I have not purchased a new TIMEX watch for 5+ years, but I am on my 5th+ TIMEX watch. Just replaced my wife;s iPOD control TIMEX watch last month too - broken band, and she got a brand new watch with new iPOD wireless connector too, all for $10!

PLEASE NOTE: if the band is integral with the watch, the band cannot be replaced, so in this instance they replace your watch with a new comparable one (if your type is no longer available),at no additional charge.
Quote Reply
Re: Timex ironman watch band replacement? [Hairy Legs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just wanted to add an update to this thread. Sent in my Ironman Tap (T5K253 - integrated band model) with the $10 check and got it back with new crystal, band/housing, and battery (basically a new watch) and an invoice showing that the charge is now $12. Mailed back $2 check.

So, anyone else doing this, include a $12 check.
Last edited by: Ivat: Jul 3, 18 10:32
Quote Reply