Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What Training Log Software do you use? [3Dealz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TrainingPeaks. Works great with the training plans you buy and download and the paid version also allows you to schedule future workouts. Interface could use a little work, but overall it seems to be a good product.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like garmin connect... very easy
Quote Reply
Re: What Training Log Software do you use? [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WHO+ from training peaks is the downloadable none online version correct? the one time download and then you own the software?
Cheers

http://stuartwalpole.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: What Training Log Software do you use? [stuartaus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stuartaus wrote:
WHO+ from training peaks is the downloadable none online version correct? the one time download and then you own the software?
Cheers

WKO+ yes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I signed up for a year of TP, and I'm having a hell of a time with it. I'd consider myself pretty computer savvy, but it's taken me the better part of 3 hours to figure out how to upload data from my 310xt, and now I've got a years worth of duplicate entries. Ideal!

I love the idea that I can plan ahead, but it doesn't work with my Blackberry. Or, it appears, my Garmin. I can't remember having buyers remorse this quickly before.

Not true... one time I had Taco Bell. I had buyers remorse almost immediately afterwards.
Quote Reply
Re: What Training Log Software do you use? [hardidu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've just started playing with Doug Clark's triathlonlog.com, very impressed with it so far...
Quote Reply
Re: What Training Log Software do you use? [hardidu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hardidu wrote:
I signed up for a year of TP, and I'm having a hell of a time with it. I'd consider myself pretty computer savvy, but it's taken me the better part of 3 hours to figure out how to upload data from my 310xt, and now I've got a years worth of duplicate entries. Ideal!

I love the idea that I can plan ahead, but it doesn't work with my Blackberry. Or, it appears, my Garmin. I can't remember having buyers remorse this quickly before.

Not true... one time I had Taco Bell. I had buyers remorse almost immediately afterwards.

I'm with you on Training Peaks. I'm currently trying to get my club program into my account but can't seem to do it as the iPad app has no admin function and I can't access the website on iPad because it's all Flash. Just for fun my work computer won't do Flash so I'm totally screwed. I'm angry as I'm paying for the stupid thing and I have no choice as that's the only way my club is publishing it's training plan.

I am liking this thread, lots of options to suggest to my club and coach to encourage them to move away from TP.
Quote Reply
Re: What Training Log Software do you use? [Alibabwa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is an App for TP... It's not supposed to be for the iPad, it's for the iPhone but sometimes those things work with the 2x button. Might be worth a try.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been using Addaero Solo and it is currently free while it is in Beta. Easy to track my workouts and connects to Garmin. I like the fact I can connect to my coach and groups and track my zones. http://www.addaero.com
Quote Reply
Re: What Training Log Software do you use? [climb1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just started using TP. I mostly wanted it for setting up my periodization through my race schedule and perform soem of the decision making on ideal volume and types of workouts. It even convinced me...gasp... to do what I've spoken out against... strength training. Though 2 days a week is hardly earth shattering.

It has me doing a couple weeks at 23-24 hours. We'll see how that goes... in mid. Jan, most likely stuck on a trainer.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: What Training Log Software do you use? [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If anyone is interested the beta for the new web app, based on HTML5 and tablet friendly is open. You can apply here http://home.trainingpeaks.com/beta.aspx

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: What Training Log Software do you use? [ryazwinski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sporttracks - it is awesome on every front.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Buddy's new start up is very interesting.... The company is Addaero URL below and video about the package.

http://www.addaero.com/

http://vimeo.com/68152515
Quote Reply
Re: What Training Log Software do you use? [pocolocoman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pocolocoman wrote:
I'll put in a plug for workoutlog.com. Not all the bells and whistles of TP; but very clean and easy interface. Good middle ground between spreadsheet and TP.

X2. Workoutlog and Beginnertriathlete are both good picks IMO. Tried TP for a while. Took 5 steps to do what 1 step got me with the others.

Badig| Strava

Quote Reply
Re: What Training Log Software do you use? [tjfry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
even though im banned from the forum, beginnertriathlete.com is the best.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by sdtritrainer [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use RaceDay Apollo & I must admit it had a learning curve in the beginning but once I figured it out #Greatness. I like the software & use it to plan, execute, & analyze all my triathlon training.

"We choose to do these things not because they are easy, but because they are hard."-President John F. Kennedy
Quote Reply
Re: What Training Log Software do you use? [Tri Nut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aloha!

I see that this thread was started long time ago, but I dare to give my 5 cents to the topic of training log software.

After starting triathlon in 2003 I tried a lot of programmes and online coaches (SportTracks, Go-Coach, 2peak, etc) but because of time-limitations (using software for professionals is time-consuming) and financial limitations (for a personal coach) I developed my own online service TriCoreTraining.com (based on a lot of training knowledge from Joe Friel).

This service is for all the hobby athletes with a lot of work and family to take into account when it comes to workout time. It not only gives you the possibility to log your trainings and show statistics on your goals but also an automatically generated training plan based on your prio A races.

Best, kms

http://www.tricoretraining.com

Tri Nut wrote:
What do you guys use to log your workouts?

I have been logging my training using my own spreadsheet and on runkeeper.com. This year, I wanted to move out of the spreadsheet and was hoping to find a better website or software to use to log my workouts.
I've tried many including trainingpeaks but can't seem to settle on any of them. Trainingpeaks come close but I find it to be overwhelming and can be confusing.
Today I came a cross RubiTrack for mac and it is the best I have seen so far. The only downside is it is not a web based application.

--
Klaus-M.

Founder of TriCoreTraining.com
Online Training Plan Service for Triathlon and Marathon
Quote Reply
Re: What Training Log Software do you use? [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
even though im banned from the forum, beginnertriathlete.com is the best.

Another vote for BT here. Really fast and easy to input a workout and it covers everything I need. Plus the mobile app is pretty good to upload a workout as well.
Quote Reply
Re: What Training Log Software do you use? [Cup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sporttracks now for 5 years. I really like the PC client software. They have a cloud sync if you want to pay extra for that, it is very robust. It syncs with garmin connect. It has great features like all of the plug ins so you can go really detailed into any sports needs and also for me I like the elevation correction plug in that fixes the elevation data to very accurate points.
Last edited by: endosch2: Dec 7, 14 4:01
Quote Reply
Re: What Training Log Software do you use? [MrT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TrainingPeaks and WKO for in depth analysis
Quote Reply

Prev Next