Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Folsom Lake Tri
Quote | Reply
Has anyone ever done the Folsom Lake Triathlon. Is this course hilly or tough? How does it compare to Wildflower?

Any information on the level of dificulty of this tri would be great!

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Folsom Lake Tri [Greyhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've not done it, but I'll be there this year. If I remember correctly what a friend who did it last year told me, the swim is really cold, the bike pretty flat and the run is mostly rollers.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: I did it.. [LarryCalifornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
out of a 1-10 how would you rate the difficulty?
Quote Reply
This year the course is DIFFERENT!! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The transition is moved several miles, from Downtown Folsom to Rancho Cordova. So everything starts at a different place, and that adds more flatness.

The good news is that the run is ostensibly flat (as opposed to last year's 7-8% grade for about two miles). There is a slight uphill crossing the river, then a short sharp downhill that will be an uphill coming back, followed by about 600 yards of downhill and flat to the finish. In between it's very flat.

The bike course is listed as "flat and fast" DON'T BE DECEIVED!!! It rises about 600 feet. Imagine the Santa Cruz Sentinel course, except Davenport is 600 feet higher. There are no climbs, just rollers that take you uphill. I took part of my team up there yesterday, and we did most of the course. You can sprint over all of the hills, but it will hurt some!

There will be no buses to the start this year, because the start is moved to the CSUS aquatic center right at Hazel and US 50. So parking will be adjacent to the transition, which will be adjacent to the start. It will be a more convenient set up this year.

Bring Enduralytes or plenty of whatever you drink. It will be HOT and dry... 95-105º (but it's a dry heat!)

¦:o)/

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: I did it.. [LarryCalifornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't do it last year, but am doing it this year. I've been in Lake Natoma recently and the water temp not too cold. I think refreshing with a full wetsuit. Others use sleeveless suits and are fine, but swim there often. See you all there!

Sean

Sean
Quote Reply