Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Special Needs Bag Items
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for proven suggestions for items to be placed in Ironman Bike and Run special needs bags. I realize this is unique to the individual athelete, however, I simply want options. Here is what I'll have in my bags for tomorrow's Lake Placid Ironman:

Bike:PB & Honey on whole wheat cut into thirds, raisins, fig newtons, Peanut M&M's, sports drink bottle, water bottle

Run: PB & Honey on whole wheat cut into thirds, raisins, fig newtons, Peanut M&M's
Last edited by: BTT-Boston: Jul 26, 03 17:24
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Special Needs Bag Items [BTT-Boston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm looking for proven suggestions for items to be placed in Ironman Bike and Run special needs bags. I realize this is unique to the individual athelete, however, I simply want options. Here is what I'll have in my bags for tomorrow's Lake Placid Ironman:

BTT - Well I'd stick with what you've got now, because it's WAY to late to be thinking about doing something new! Here's what I've done - I put stuff in my special needs bags that I might need and I can't get on the course, or extra stuff I just don't want to carry the whole time. Bike: 2 CO2 containers, 1 inner tube, old pair of prescription glasses in case my contacts get messed up. 1 extra bottle of CytoMax, Cliff bars and gels, salt capsules. Run bag: Extra pair of socks (boy, do they feel good!), blister repair kit (including duct tape, because nothing will stick to your wet foot - using the tape got me a couple of funny looks at IM CdA), half filled bottle of CytoMax, salt capsules, couple of Clif shots. As always, YMMV! And good luck to all at IM LP! Mike
Last edited by: Mike in Wichita: Jul 26, 03 20:19
Quote Reply