Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

fracture boot/cam boot hurts foot fracture?
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone,
this is my 2nd post here. I was placed in a fracture boot/cam boot last week for probable sesamoid (bone under bog toe) stress reaction in my foot. The thing is I find that the boot hurts my foot more than a supportive shoe! It lifts up my toes in a way that almost pushes on the site. Anyone else find this? I have a doctor appt Monday and plan to discuss this with him just unsure if it will do harm to wear it all weekend.
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: fracture boot/cam boot hurts foot fracture? [skivt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have to use your own judgement, and I'm not a health professional, but from my own stress fracture experience (metatarsal shaft, so different location) I would suggest not wearing the boot, but only if you can refrain from placing load on the foot with the stress fracture. ie, stay off your feet!

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: fracture boot/cam boot hurts foot fracture? [skivt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are some adjustments that can be made to the boot to increase your comfort. You were probably put in the boot to take the weight/stress/decrease movement in that area of the foot.
Depending on the brand/style/etc. of the boot, you might wind up with a different "insole" for the boot.
Also, when you go back, try to figure out at what point of your walking (gait cycle) is the most pain. This can help the doc determine what's going on.
Lastly, are you wearing it snugly enough? Too much movement within the boot can be an issue.
Hang in there!!
Quote Reply