Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

orang utan and me
Quote | Reply
it has been brought to my attention that i am becoming a lot like orang utan. not being on the board when he was i was wondering if anyone could help me stear clear of this problem. i don't need tom d, dan and bunnyman out for my blood.

any criticsm is welcome.

thanks!

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: orang utan and me [customerjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel honoured that my name is in with Dan and Tom D., but no mention of Gerard.

Orang Utan (or whatever his name is) always went after Gerard. Are you planning to do so?

Smart alleck responses are okay, it's when total trollism is exhibited, and absolutely nothing constructive comes from the posts. I would not particularly say this is the case in your posts.

I never would deal with the monkey or whatever s/he was. I refuse to do anything like that. I think you're okay.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"any criticsm is welcome."

Your posture is horrible, sit up straight, don't bite your nails, oh and get a new signiture (check out mine)

-

I don't work here, I just live here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, you're not like orang_utan.

He/she was a poster who came here in or about October and fiercely criticized Cervelo, Gerard, and their designs and marketing. His criticisims became horrible flames, and it got to the point that he really diminished the productivity and sense of civility that's displayed on this forum. (Remember how contentious the discussion of TnTers and Clydes got? Multiply that by about five, and that's how bad Orang's stuff was.) After a couple of months or so, and after a lot of debate about free speech, Dan banned him because orang had gotten too out of control. I fully support Slowman on that one.

It's too bad, really, because I think he/she really knows a lot about bikes and has some good insights into their design. I think he/she just lacks the ability to constructively and objectively observe and report.

Again, I don't think that you're anything like Orang. You're sarcastic and sometimes a little bitter, but the monkey was actually an ass.

Quote | Reply
"get a new signiture (check out mine)"

hum might have point. yours is of course gophatastic. wouldn't expect anything less.

mine is from a poem who's writer i cant remember. kinda of stuck in my head because it clears a lot of what ever the hick is going on with me.

ok new goals. new signature and less betterness (but i'll be cold then. :( ). quality of the posts will be about the same, i'm about three fries short of a happy meal.

my posture is perfect.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
... nothing like O tang... but, what I find a pet peeve are those who can dish it out but can't take it without getting nasty and personal... you don't fit into that category.

"He who never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes and never be wiser for on the morrow than his today." - T. Edwards

Joe Moya
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"mine is from a poem who's writer i cant remember."

It's from 'An Irish Airman Foretells His Death" by W. B. Yeats

I know that I shall meet my fate
Somewhere among the clouds above;
Those that I fight I do not hate
Those that I guard I do not love;
My country is Kiltartan Cross,
My countrymen Kiltartan’s poor,
No likely end could bring them loss
Or leave them happier than before.
Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
Nor public man, nor cheering crowds,
A lonely impulse of delight
Drove to this tumult in the clouds;
I balanced all, brought all to mind,
The years to come seemed waste of breath,
A waste of breath the years behind
In balance with this life, this death.
Quote Reply
Re: orang utan and me [WebSwim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's it!!! god i love that poem. it's just perfect.

thank you.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I must come out with it. I sent a private message after a particularly off key and baited post of CJ's. I felt at the time that although we are used to CJ's smart aleck remarks, that he was slowly denigrating into levels close to Orang's. I like CJ's unique readings on the fair winds, and don't wish to see him fall to those levels. Please correct me if I'm wrong, CJ, but I did not equate you with Orang. I only noted that you were becoming increasingly irrascible and noted that I didn't want to see you stoop to Orang's level. You are not Orang. I would not say so or wish it on my worst enemy or this forum. The world can only handle one ass like that.
Quote Reply
Re: orang utan and me [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well when you say i am sliding toward the level of a dude who was kicked off this forum, one of the most open minded and flexible forums around, it's not quite like you called me on one thing. you where talking about my whole attitude. my thinking is if my rambling, badly spelled posts gets me one warning from a forum member then there have to be more. i was just seeing how i was like orang utan, which you did state i was becoming more like, so i could curb this behavoir.

i'm not some bitter high school artist anymore. if i am being a jack ass i won't sit on my ego and refuse to change. i'm here for all people. if i'm becoming a ape then i need to know. that way i can see if i really need to watch my writing. in this case i don't.

hugs and kisses to all!

Quote Reply