Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo Makes The Mainstream Sports News
Quote | Reply
Headlines in the sports sections of the two largest daily newspapers in Canada - The Globe & Mail and The Toronto Star - proclaimed that Tyler Hamilton rode to his courageous stage victory on Wednesday on a Canadian made bike! Toronto based Cervelo was mentioned as the manufacturer in the body of the articles.

I must say that both the Globe and the Star have had good to great coverage of the Tour de France over the years. Perhaps this is in part due to the legacy of the performace of Steve Bauer back in the mid - late 80's who at the time wore the yellow jersey at the Tour a number of times and was one of the top ranked professional cyclists in the world.

Having worked the media from both sides of the fence for a number of years, I know how hard it is to get this kind of coverage for a small company like Cervelo. So congratulations to Gerard and Phil. Best wishes for continued success.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: Jul 25, 03 13:12
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Makes The Maintream Sports News [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CTV also did a feature on the company during the first week of the Tour as part of their newscast. My friend's grandfather was talking about it - I didn't see it but heard it was good. And there was a whole article in the Star about Cervelo at the same time.

"which is like watching one of your buddies announce that he's quitting booze and cigarettes, switching to a Vegan diet and training for triathalons ... but he's going to keep snorting heroin." Bill Simmons, ESPN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CBC radio also did a spot on Cervelo a few weeks before the Tour began.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's a link to the Globe & Mail article:

http://www.globeandmail.com/...ports/?query=cervelo

D.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Makes The Maintream Sports News [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And I heard a few news items on CBC radio, complete with some sound bites from Gerard himself.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Makes The Maintream Sports News [pedaller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's gotten a bit ridiculous I must admit. This whole week I haven't gotten to my usual job until 5pm each day due to the interviews. Not that I'm complaining, but I purposely did not go to France so I could stay here and train forIMC. Not really working out as planned. And the worst part is, everybody asks the same questions.

My favorite so far was CTV Canada AM, a live interview with the weather man. He came out a few minutes before the piece, and I told him it would be cool for him to ride an R2.5 on camera. So I gave him my cycling shoes (Are they size 11 - Sure, if that's what you want it to be) and taught him how to click in and out. I was a bit scared he would crash in front of 3 million viewers but he did well. And although he always appears to be the clown, he was very professional (checked the pronounciation of Jakob Piil's name, stuff like that).

The worst one was Global National or even worse the Fan590, that was also live but it interfeared with my lake swim practice so I told them to call me on my cell phone just before I hit the water. As I am five minutes into it, my phone starts beeping. I can just finish my sentence and boom, empty battery! End of interview.

In the off chance that somebody cares, tomorrow between 1-2pm there will be a live interview on CBC Newsworld as well as an article in the Globe's Report on Business, and Monday there will be an interview during The Bottomline on ROB TV. And probably there will be something on CBC the National on Sunday as well. I'll be happy when the Tour is over :-)

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply