Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Orca customer service problems
Quote | Reply
In June I figured out that the zipper on my Orca Speedsuit was broken 15 minutes before a 1.5 mile swim in the Springfield Ironhorse. I couldn't get it fixed and had to swim without it. My time suffered a bit but I was otherwise not too upset.
Afterwards I contacted Orca and was told that I just needed to send the suit in and they would fix it under the warranty. I was happy with the email exchanges and general customer service to this point.
Now the problem: I sent the suit in around June 30th and haven't heard a word or seen the suit since. I have tried to contact them several times through email to no avail and cannot seem to find a phone number to call in the USA.
Anyone know the number? How about other experiences with Orca's customers service?
Thanks,
Nate
Quote Reply
Re: Orca customer service problems [Nate] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have not dealt with Orca customer service, but I have read rants before about Orca.

I had the same problem with my Orca about a year after I bought it and returned it to the dealer. They exchanged it no problem and said Orca was really good about standing behind their wetsuits. Only data point I have had first hand.

Please post the outcome. I am curious because I will likely replace my wetsuit after this season.

Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Orca customer service problems [dts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recently tried to buy some Orca kit from TriUK, Britain's biggest online tri dealer, and they've suspended selling the brand due to some kind of warranty problems which (direct quote) are leading them to take legal action.
Quote Reply
Re: Orca customer service problems [Nate] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a problem with a major cut in my Orca. Didn't bother to contact a remote supplier, but went to a local guy selling/making wetsuits for diving&surfing (that didn't have any relation to Orca). He inserted a new small neoprene section (using the same Yamamoto neoprene), fixed it in 3 days for approx 20 $.

Much easier than sending it accross the world.
Quote Reply
Re: Orca customer service problems [ajo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My feelings....Orca customer service SUCKS and I for one will never purchase another Orca item. (as I have posted before)

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Orca customer service problems [Record9ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a phone number for Orca when I e-mailed them to get an address to mail my warrenty card. I've never called the number, but it's worth a shot.

Orca Customer Services

Ph 1-866 257 6722, Fx 1-866 852 6722, E-mail cs@orcausa.net

Hope this helps!

Quote Reply