Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lance, Jan and Warren Sapp
Quote | Reply
Yesterday on a ride we were talking about the recent events of the tour and how the competitors have really shown true sportsmanship. Lance's gesture two years ago and recently by Tyler, Jan and more after Lance's XC and fall yesterday.

I don't know how many people out there watch football, but last year Warren Sapp blindsided another player who happened to be way out of the play and at 330+# wasn't getting there any time soon. I do not know the player's current condition but he was in the hospital with no feelings in his legs for at least 10 days with spinal cord damage.

When I recalled this, it, to me, put those gestures at an even higher form of sportsmanship than I had previously held.

Brian

Quote Reply
Re: Lance, Jan and Warren Sapp [pedalincoastal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with you whole-heartedly. The honor and sportsmanship of cycling is one of its greatest attractions, to me anyway.

BTW, the player Sapp blindsided was Green Bay Packer Chad Clifton (I live in WI; we had wall-to-wall coverage of that incident). Happily, this morning's paper reported that Clifton is healthy and participating in the team's training camp.
Quote Reply