Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTB-Road Bike
Quote | Reply
I am a newbie to triathlons/duathlons, and have only owned nice mountain bikes. I would like to get a used Road bike to get me started. I am 5'7" with a 30" inseam. I assume I should be in a 54cm bike, but if I am wrong, I would love some further input. If anyone has a nice road bike to help me get into the sport, I would love to purchase it. I have been told that Ultegra is the way to go. I don't know the Campy alternate to Ultegra, but I am not partial to either manufacturer. I would just like a nice aluminum bike that I could log some miles on. I am in Wisconsin, but would gladly pay freight to get it here. If anyone has any kind of hints, tips, or a nice bike for me, I would really appreciate everyone's help.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB-Road Bike [newbie5317] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Newbie,

I have a 2.5 year old Giant OCR2 that I may be getting rid of. It is size M (compact geometry) and I have a 30" inseam and am 5'9". It is not ultegra components, I would have to check but I think it is mostly 105 and tiagra. I would be willing to part with it for around $350. You would have to pay shipping, I think around 40$. It is in good condition and has been well maintained.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB-Road Bike [tj2207] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would you have pictures of the bike? This might be exactly what I am looking for. Is the fork carbon? Any info you could give me on it would be great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can email you some pictures. I don't have any right now but I can take some tonight. The fork is not carbon, if you type in OCR2 on google you can get a pretty good idea of the bike I think, it is blue with silver lettering, everything is pretty much the stock specifications.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB-Road Bike [tj2207] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sent you a message.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At $350, I'd say go for it. Carbon forks are cheap to add on.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB-Road Bike [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's exactly what I was thinking. I wonder how much some higher quality components would be as an add on as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't worry about drive train for a while.
New carbon fork $40-$100.
New Stem, $10-20.
Aerobars $50-100.
Clipless pedals- $25-$100.

For extra parts I'd hit up www.chucksbikes.com
Quote Reply