Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

OK, I don't know if Ok to ask-Pumpkin Pie recipe
Quote | Reply
Sorry I do not want to be all like-this is the "Women's Forum" (though actually it is called 'The Womens', a grammar point that has always bothered me :)
BUT
I am not from the US, I have NEVER even tried pumpkin pie, and I am supposed to bring this for T-day dinner. I have looked online for recipes but thought-you are all the best here, and I do not post on any other forums.
Some help? Tried and true recipes? I like to cook and would like to try and make it and not buy one.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: OK, I don't know if Ok to ask-Pumpkin Pie recipe [triLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My favorite! I make this one every year & it turns out great every time.

http://www.epicurious.com/...Whipped-Cream-108860

I use Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, and I have not ever actually made the accompanying spiced whipped cream in the recipe. The pie is great by itself.
Quote Reply
Re: OK, I don't know if Ok to ask-Pumpkin Pie recipe [Elsa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is the recipe from a famous Bed and Breakfast/dinner place in Lynchburg, TN that I make every year!
I usually cover with foil for the last 20 minutes of baking to keep your crust from burning. VERY good with homemade whipped cream: just pour whipping cream in a bowl, add a dash of vanilla, and whip whip whip til frothy.

3 eggs
2 Tablespoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
half teaspoon vanilla
65ml Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey (also good with Maker's Mark)
350g pumpkin (cooked and pureed)
23cm (9 inch) piecrust, pre-baked for 10 minutes
Preheat oven to 210°C (425°F). Lightly beat eggs. Add sugar, honey, vanilla and Jack Daniel's. Whisk until frothy. Stir in cream and pumpkin. Mix until smooth. Pour into piecrust. Bake for 10 minutes then lower the temperature to 180°C (350°F) for an additional 30 minutes or until pie is set. Serve warm or cold, naked or with mascarpone cheese or vanilla ice cream.
Source: Miss Mary Bobo's Boarding House Restaurant
Quote Reply
Re: OK, I don't know if Ok to ask-Pumpkin Pie recipe [jocks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
^^ the instructions say "add sugar & honey" and "stir in cream" but those things don't appear in your list of ingredients.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Costco makes gigantic pumpkin pies that are really tasty. This is coming from a person who likes to cook ( I really don't bake though)

PS the Womens Forum dates back to...Jonas Colting or some other pro who used to confuse his pronouns a bit. I'm attaching a link to one of the funniest You Tube posts of all time that debuted when the women's forum did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx2Ow_fSt9I
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triLA wrote:
Sorry I do not want to be all like-this is the "Women's Forum" (though actually it is called 'The Womens', a grammar point that has always bothered me :)

The term "womens" is an homage to jonnyo - who's Frenglish has given the board many amusing gifts over the years. The plural of "woman" in Frenglish is womens (as in: "All the womens love jonnyo"). :D

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: OK, I don't know if Ok to ask-Pumpkin Pie recipe [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The term "womens" is an homage to jonnyo - who's Frenglish has given the board many amusing gifts over the years. The plural of "woman" in Frenglish is womens (as in: "All the womens love jonnyo"). :D

And jonnyo loves all the womens.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: OK, I don't know if Ok to ask-Pumpkin Pie recipe [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ha! so that's it! thanks! great video too and recipe ideas---think no matter which I make I still need to buy a bottle of JD!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
QRgirl
That video was hilarious. I probably shouldn't have watched it at work. But thanks for posting it.
Quote Reply