Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Female Tri Saddle
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for a confortable tri saddle for a female triathlete I'm coaching. I know it's always something personnal but I was wondering if some of you had good experiences with some models. The idea would to be both confortable when seated more at the rear (long climbs) or at the front (aero position). Anyone tried the Specialized TripTip ?

Thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: Female Tri Saddle [Nick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is she riding and what is in general terms the issue?

I have Selle SMP Glider...large cut out so my private parts don't touch saddle and comfortable in aero or climbing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love the adamo race. I don't know how it would do for long climbs where I'm out of the aero bars, I rarely climb out of the bars because the hills around here just aren't that steep.

People either love or hate the adamo. I sit really really really far forward on it and there's no pinching etc. I haven't used chamois creme since getting it. It took me a month to get over of the sitbone bruising/pain but I knew after the first 3 hours on it it was a great saddle. The soreness was very similar to the soreness from not riding in a long time, but a little more extreme, since it's a lot of weight right on the sit bones.

My advice to anyone trying it is if you like the saddle/no pain during the first ride, then give it a couple weeks to let the pain go away,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ride the Adamo too and love it.

I have the Podium on my tri bike.

Very comfortable on the trainer. Great in the aero bars and great while climbing.

It did take me a couple weeks to get used to, but it was so worth it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I posted on the main board, but I'll post here as well. I have the Specialized Tri tip and I find it quite comfortable. It's probably the only "out of the box" (hehehehehehehe) saddle I've ever liked and used.

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: Female Tri Saddle [mmrocker13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Many thanks for your replies. Really appreciate. Will make her try the Adamo and the TriTip.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Adamo or Cobb Max, they are both great.
Try to see with your local store whether they allow "trial periods". Get the saddle, ride it for a week and see whether you like it.
Quote Reply
Re: Female Tri Saddle [mmrocker13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mmrocker13 wrote:
It's probably the only "out of the box" (hehehehehehehe) saddle I've ever liked and used.

Oh wow, I needed that laugh.... whew.... cheeks hurt now....

~LBB

I am an avid cyclist who is also the co-owner and buyer for Low Country Multisport a performance specific F.I.S.T. certified fit studio and repair shop in the beautiful Lowcountry of South Carolina. And, I just happen to be married to a retired Marine who is completely addicted to the iron distance. "lord help my wallet!!"
Quote Reply