Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? September 26 Edition
Quote | Reply
Lets hear about it :D

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? September 26 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My goals had been 3 rides and 3 swims - CHECK - one run workout - CHECK - one long run - no (and not worried about it; I raced instead). Highlight of the week was 1st F OV a local sprint tri. RR is here http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread

Week:
M - 4 mi run + 26 mi bike
T - 6.8 mi run + 2100 yd swim
W - 6 mi run + 25 mi bike
T - 8.6 mi run
F - 8 mi run + 2100 yd swim
S - 4.8 mi run + 2200 yd swim + 45 min rock climbing
S - 2000 yd swim w/u + sprint tri (200 yd + 12.9 mi + 3.1 mi)

The run workout was Tuesday (1,2,3,4,4,3,2,1 min @ 6:40 pace with 1 min recoveries).
Week totals - 10,900 yds + 63.9 mi bike + 41.3 mi run + some rock climbing.

Eating has been going pretty well. I had 8 good days in a row, then some issues last night. I should make a more specific goal for this week but am not sure yet what that could be.

Training wise, the only races I am considering for the rest of the season are pure running. Goals for this week
-1 long run (at least 13 mi) to set me up well for a half marathon, if I choose to do that race
-1 speed workout (see above)
- lift! It is good for my shoulders and my hips and my bone density.

Even though I have just running race(s) left for the season, I probably will still bike and swim a little - I like the bike right now and the weather in Maine is good for it. But I'm also totally cool with trying new/different stuff - if I get to the island again this week I might go hiking (I was there on Fri/Sat but was being careful with the race looming). I guess I'm in a "whatever I feel like, for the most part" week.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Last edited by: tigerchik: Sep 26, 11 1:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well done Tigerchik !!!

I did fairly well this last week. My main goal is running - Dallas marathon in December. So that's the focus, but I want to maintain swim and bike.
So with that in mind
Bike - I wanted 3 rides for total of 4 hours. I got two in, but full time was still 4 hours, so did well there.
Swim - I wanted 2 swims - total 5K. Did two swims of 2,500.
Run - I ran 6 times w/ lots of quality. Total just over 50 miles for week which was the goal.
Core - only one session, wanted at least 2, so need to work on that
Nutrition - I did really well until this weekend. Then, not so good. Need to get back to eating well today.

This coming weeks goals:
bike - 2-3 x with total of 4 hours.
Swim - same, 2 x for 5K
Run - 5 x with total of 53 miles. Long run of 22 miles.
Core - at least 2 x, but will try to get 3.
Nutrition - quit baking, and eat better.

Have a great week everyone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- 5 runs: FAIL with a caveat - did 4 actual runs, but also did a bit of running while out golfing on saturday
- 2 bike: WIN-ish, but one hardly counts (13mins!)
- 2 swim: WIN, and one of them was freakin' awesome!
- 4 core/strength: WIN

with having gone away for the weekend, i haven't run since thursday, and i have a 25k trail race on saturday! ah well, had a blast - awesome 18 holes on saturday, "treetop trekking" (obstacle course suspended in a forest canopy) for 3hrs sunday morning, then an hour-long stand up paddleboard session in the afternoon.

this week's goals:
- 4 runs including run for the toad 25k on saturday
- 2 bike
- 2 swim
- 4 core/strength

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Your weekend sounds way fun!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Girls!

Congratulations on your race, Tigerchick
I used to be on here in 2009 when I did IMC, and I am back to train for IM Mont Tremblant. Just getting into logging training again and following a 'plan', so I wanted to join in, if that is okay. I was mostly a "lurker", but I found these very motivating!

My goals for this week: (as per my training plan)

2 swims
3 bikes
4 runs (one long)

I would also like to fit in a yoga class.

I am running a half marathon in 2 weeks (Thanksgiving Weekend), looking forward to it - hilly and beautiful course.

Have a great week, ladies!

Ang
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? September 26 Edition [AngelaK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Must be Canadian Thanksgiving weekend?
Welcome :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week: RACE WEEK!!
Tues & Thurs, easy runs in the morning with the dawg (~6k each), do some strides/pickups to keep the legs fresh => DONE and felt great
Mon & Wed, easy runs at lunch at work (6-8k each), just feel relaxed, good form. => DONE and felt great
Fri: Off => DONE ;-)
Sat: 15min jog with some pick-ups. Drive down, pick up package, try not to buy stuff at the expo. => FAIL. $300 at REI booo. ;-)
Sun: Finish upright and smiling. If it's a good day, aim for that magic 3:45 in the sky (BQ). Enjoy a beer and a burger afterwards. => Small D done. Finished upright and smiling, but didn't BQ by a long shot. Ended up doing 3:59, which was good enough for 4th in AG and 44th F-OA (out of 250 Fs). May do a RR, not sure yet - still traumatized haha.

This week:

NOTHING.

I might ride to work once or twice this week, and will swim on Saturday (K's swim lessons are at the same time so I have no excuses anymore).

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? September 26 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RR !!!! need RR!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it was! spent an entire weekend with my sweetheart without running away to train, too...though he did end up sitting on the beach taking photos while i did my SUP lesson (he had agreed to try it with me on the tiny little pond at the resort, but when it turned out we would be on lake simcoe instead he declined to join in).

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
Must be Canadian Thanksgiving weekend?
Welcome :-)

LOL I was wondering that too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dinner w/JenHS.

Spent 5 days with my coach. Training, talking, planning for 2012. I'm pretty jacked.

220 miles on the bike over those 5 days. Lots of hills and two track workouts.

Skinfolds and measurements down. Down 13% body fat since mid-December 2010. Pretty happy with that, but still some to go.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply