Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Monday, September 12: Weekly How'd You Do
Quote | Reply
How was it?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Monday, September 12: Weekly How'd You Do [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had planned to try other stuff and break out of the sbr box, but after racing last weekend and having one 2 weeks away, I felt both motivated and compelled to sbr. Running is kind of my center point anyway.

M - 25.1 mi bike
T - 7.7 mi run
W - 4.5 mi run + 16.2 mi bike
T - 6 mi run + hip exercises
F - 8 mi run + 3000 yd swim
S - 9.5 mi run + hip exercises
S - 18 mi bike + 3 mi run + 60 min yoga

TOTALS - 3000 yds swum; 38.7 mi run; 60.1 mi bike

It FELT like
M - wanted to ride. I'd had fun on the bike at the race.
T - running was my only option to get a workout in because I had a busy day so it was one of those 4am workouts or it wouldn't happen.
W - enjoyed the short run and was really excited to get on the bike.
T - was really tired, just ran so I'd have done something for the day. Purposefully skipped anything else and felt ok about it.
F - legs were tired on the run ,can't remember why I bothered to go that far. Was iffy about the swim but knew I needed to get in; it felt good for a little bit.
S - ran a really hilly loop and liked the challenge. Had planned to get on the bike PM but had so much homework to do that I couldn't/didn't.
S - just plain cranky over lots of schoolwork. Tired legs.

I made a lot of progress on a thesis chapter this past week; I need to finish it over the next couple of days.

Eating - was doing fine until the weekend and then evenings were really hard.

Goals for this coming week: 1 vo2 max workout in each sport. Get cozy with the bike course for my upcoming sprint (it's at my school).

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Last edited by: tigerchik: Sep 12, 11 1:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- 4 runs: WIN with 6, including a pretty kickass long trail run yesterday, a great 10k tempo and a surprisingly zippy 5k off the bike.
- 4 bike: FAIL with 3 only - didn't have time on sunday.
- 3 swim: WIN
- 4 core/strength: WIN

this week's goals:
- 4 runs
- 3 bike
- 3 swim
- 4 core/strength

have an olympic tri on sunday - last of the year for me. just want to enjoy it, though it would be sweet if i could break the time i posted at wasaga last year. barely know anything about the course and my bike fitness isn't up to much right now, so will just have to see how it goes..

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
ah wasaga beach-haven't been there in about 15 years!

had no real goals other than local 5km on weekend....still not better and don't think running in my future for the time being :(

took those 50 plus mpw and BQs for granted :(
Quote Reply
Re: Monday, September 12: Weekly How'd You Do [triLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two weekends ago, I had a horrible bike ride. 5+ hours in over 100 degrees. It was stupid. Took a week off and re-assessed. Now I'm feeling ready to go again.

I had to take off running this week due to some shin splints. So only 10 miles total for week.
but I did manage 3 bikes and one swim.

Goals for this coming week.
5 runs for approx 45-50 miles
3 bikes - 3-5 hours
and 2 swims of 2500 each
plus some core work.
Quote Reply
Re: Monday, September 12: Weekly How'd You Do [triLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry you're hurt. What's up?

Quote Reply
Re: Monday, September 12: Weekly How'd You Do [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love that distance. Have a good race.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks - i'm in similar shape (probably better run fitness) as i was last year in mid-september for wasaga and had a really enjoyable race then, so i'm hoping it'll be a good day :)

sorry to hear of your injuries trila and nad - hope everything comes together for both of you!

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Last week: 3 weeks til marathon! Eeek! Start to reduce to ~80% of miles but throw in a bit more tempo/fartlek.
M: Run Long: 21k DONE (noted above)
T: Ride to & from work; run 40' ez at lunch => DONE but shoulder still bugging me and we are having a heat wave so running at lunch SUCKS. So change in plans: run in AM, skip the lunch runs, and skip the riding. See how that feels. So SKIP a bunch, but be OK with it.
W:
Ride to & from work; run 60' w/30" strides in morning with dawg; optional ez run at lunch (SKIP). => DONE and had an AWESOME run in the morning with the dawg! Shoulda skipped the ride, will do so for the rest of the week...
R: Ride to & from work (SKIP); run ~45-50' tempo (pacing) at lunch. => OFF (boo hiss) - too much going on at work.
F: Ride to & from work (SKIP); run 40' w/ 30" strides in morning with dawg OR 40' at lunch. => DONE and another awesome run in the morning with dawg, felt super strong and fresh.
St: Optional. Whatever I feel like *except* MTB. I get to MTB once I finish this marathon. That is my motivation right now ;-) => Small "d" done - ran 15k with P and the dawg, but felt fantastic, super fresh by the end, lots left in the legs. Exactly how you should feel 2 weeks out right?
Sn: 18-22k run, at steady race pace, on similar terrain (i.e.: a lot flatter than what I ran today), with focus on form and taking in nutrition/water as planned (dress rehearsal). This should feel easy. => Opted to get in 2.5hr of walking instead. Too hot for a long run. I need to keep the confidence up.
Other: Portion control: It's so hard, gotta not lose sight of the prize here DONE. B12 supplements: Continue, they feel like they are helping. DONE Shoulder/back: try to see a chiro or physio this week, and be mindful of sleeping positions. NOT DONE - and NOT GOOD - at least it doesn't hurt when running anymore. Feet: roll with golf ball a few more times a week. NOT DONE - feet felt OK.

Over all, mileage coming down nicely, and feeling better and better with each run. Confidence is coming back, which is important. I am also getting excited about racing, also good. ;-)

This week: less than 2 weeks to go. I'm in Seattle for a conference MTW, so any running I do get in will be like gold! I'm staying out on Bainbridge Island specifically to get some thing quieter and less tempting than DT Seattle haha. It's lovely here, I just finished a very hilly and hard 8k and felt fantastic. It's also supposed to cool off so that will help a lot. My ability to handle heat has just got worse and worse since my Hypothyroidism was diagnosed...

M: run 8k => DONE and fantastic!
T & W: morning run to HS track and do ~5k or so (I have to get the 7:05 ferry from BI so it'll be early thus dark)
R & F: EZ run with the dawg in the am if I'm not too pooped OR ez run at lunch if it isn't smoking hot again.
St & Sn: aim for 5k one day, 10k the other day.
Try to not exceed 40k for the week. Main thing: make sure each run feels FANTASTIC! ;-)

AP

Stretch. Rest

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
coming beack from herniated disc still---biking is totally fine! and can do lots and lots...but running was always my fav and now takes me about double my 5km PR to complete that, then in pain for a few days, so I think I should stick to biking for the time being---have an ice pack on sa I type this!
Quote Reply
Re: Monday, September 12: Weekly How'd You Do [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read your post and thought "I wish I felt that good" :P
Psyched for you that you had such a good week.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, it's about time... ;-) I really think ditching the daily rides and avoiding running in high heat is making a huge difference... Knowing how mental racing is, how important having confidence is, I am glad it's coming back. More important than logging some lame-ass-sucky run just to check a box off...

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply