Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri Bags
Quote | Reply
I bought the Desoto tri bag last year and have not really been all that impressed. Has anyone tried the Zoot Tri bag? It is a little pricey at $130 but looks kind of cool. Any recommendations?
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Bags [Greyhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have used the Zoot Bag for 2 races.

Good points:
it's easy to fit all your gear into it.
its very comfortable to ride from the car to the Transition area as it doesn't move around and it rides low enough to not hit your head and helmet.
dry pocket keeps your wetsuit from leaking water down your back or into your pack on the ride back to the car
sewing is first class

Drawbacks:
It has so many pockets/ compartments that its hard to remember just where you put everything.
kind of bulky so it takes up space at the rack when empty
$$$

that said I like it

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Zoot Bag and have used the DeSoto Bag. No comparison on function - gotta go with Zoot. Also, while the Zoot bag is a bit more expensive if you shop around you can definitely find it cheaper than $130. I think I paid $120, and as soon as I bought mine several months ago, a buddy of mine got it even cheaper than that.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Bags [ILMClydesdale] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can also try Jandd. MSRP 54.99. It has two side shoe pockets, a wetsuit pocket on the bottom, a small zippered flap just inside the draw string close top for keys, gus, bars etc. and a helmet net on the outside as well as a big main pocket for everything else. Have used it for numerous TRI's as well as two weeks in Europe. Works great!

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
try www.dabags.com Customized bags for good price. More of a travel bag though.
Quote Reply
second the Jandd.. [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had a Jandd daypack for 15 years, put it through considerable abuse, and there are no signs of wear yet. It's well designed too, can carry anything I can think of (skis, fly rods, float tube, etc etc) with one or another of the strap points or tubes. I've been eying the Jandd tri-bag, but my old gym bag works fine, and refuses to wear out. Dang.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried either the T2 or Original Triathlon Bag from triathlonbag.com? Any thoughts or reviews?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never trie the Jandd, DeSoto or the Zoot, but I am very happy with my Saucony tri bag. It has the standard mesh wetsuit compartment, another place for shoes, and a bunch of pockets for goggles, bodyglide, race belt, etc - but the coolest part is that it unzips flat (kind of like the tarp on a good rope bag for you climbers) so you can lay out your gear on it, and get organized.

I think it looks good, too.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Bags [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an original triathlonbag.com bag and LOVE it.

Holds tons of gear, even fits both sleeveless & full wetsuits & bike helmet, and is easy to carry while riding to transition. And it qualifies as carry-on luggage. Been using it for a year now and it's still in great shape despite the abuse I put it through. Highly recommend!

It's a little like wrestling a gorilla.........you don't stop when you're tired.........you stop when the gorilla is tired.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Bags [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where did you get the Saucony bag? I've never seen it and it's not on the Saucony site.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any store that sells Saucony gear should be able to order it in for you, and show it to you in the catalog. I got the owner of my running store to get it for me.

Endurosport sells 'em too.

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Needed to pull this one out of the archives since my 15 yo has scarfed up my equipment bag for lacrosse. What's the review on the Saucony Tri Backpak. I called Endurosport and asked them to measure it for me: LWD 16x13x7. With my size 13's I think that's on the small size.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Bags [Chappy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a T2 for Xmas. While I have not used it for a race yet, it seems like a teriffic bag. There is a separate wet bag, two internal pockets-one for bike stuff (including shoes) and one for running gear, an external compartment that holds my full wetsuit, external pockets for water bottles or shoes, a cell pocket, a sleeve for tools and/or fuel, a big internal compartment for anything else, and has a very comfortable harness.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Bags [shredder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triathlonbag.com , Great bag, the T2 rocks, you can fit everything bar the kitchen sink in it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're willing to pony up the $$, the Zoot bag is awesome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been unimpressed with most of these 'tri' bags as they are all kind of small. My old faithful Speedo bag has been with me since 1990 and has been through it all. Tons of room for everything, can wear it as a backback (not as comfy) or use the across the chest strap (very comfy) while you ride on a bike. Mine has wet/dry compartments and I think it was $30 at Sportmart or some big sporting goods chain.

I did see in a ski shop some Da Kine backpacks that are more for winter sports but I checked them out and they would work really well for triathlon bags as well. Tons of room and very functional. If you want the backpack feature - that is padded shoulder straps - check these out b/c they are the best thing I have seen and start at around $75.
Quote Reply
LL Bean Bag! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use an LL Bean backpack. I got the bag about ten years ago. The zippers stopped zipping last year, so I sent it back and they gave me a new one. Can't beat that!

It has just the right amount of room for my shoes to go in one compartment, the wetsuit and other things fit in the other large spot, I put two water bottles in one of the front pockets, and all of my other little things go in the very front pocket. All in all, it's great. Plus the price is right at about $40.

Adam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How the hell does he get all his LAX gear into a tri bag? I always used a hockey bag for my kit....

Not sure about those 13's man - I have small feet, so my shoes fit with plenty of room to spare. I'd *think* your shoes will fit, but can't say for sure. Likely though - the bottom compartment is pretty roomy, so you can diagonalize them.

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Bags [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used a large nylon duffle for years, big enough to put the kid in so his lax gear fit well. It was too big, it consumed items on a regular basis...took a search party to find them.

Checked out LAnds End and LLBean, thanks Adam, some options comparable to the T-2.
Quote Reply