Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

age what age do you stop walking around naked in front of your kids?
Quote | Reply
(Disclaimer: I am not a nudist or anything like screenname would imply. Just a regular ol fella)

I have a couple young girls. At what age (kids' age, not mine) should I start to try to cover myself when walking around the bedroom, bathroom etc unclothed? Changing clothes, etc in front of them? Same for them, when should I make efforts to avoid going in the the bathroom when they are taking bath or getting dressed, etc.? Or should I not worry about it and just wait for the oldest girl to inform ME of when it is time?

Is the age thing any different for my son & my wife?
Quote Reply
Re: age what age do you stop walking around naked in front of your kids? [TeamBarenaked] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my parents never did stop walking nude from their bedroom upstairs to the shower in the basement - don't believe it screwed me up at all, and it was good prep for seeing the ladies in the changeroom at the pool (they're leaving aquafit as i'm arriving for lane swim).

not all bodies are beautiful, but my folks taught me they shouldn't be considered shameful.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
agree with misstressk...but I am seriously still scarred from the time I saw my father masturbating in the basement...I was only like 8 or so....thought he was mad at it

so also be mindful of WHAT you are doing naked!
Quote Reply
Re: age what age do you stop walking around naked in front of your kids? [triLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triLA wrote:
agree with misstressk...but I am seriously still scarred from the time I saw my father masturbating in the basement...I was only like 8 or so....thought he was mad at it

Hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha
oh jesus
Hahahahahhahahahaha
Noted.

Quote Reply
Re: age what age do you stop walking around naked in front of your kids? [TeamBarenaked] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm, interesting question.

My friends with 2 teen boys and they are a nudie family, not that they're starkers all the time, they're just not shy about seeing each other naked.

I moved in with my parents for a short while when I was in my early 30's. Seeing my dad make coffee in his not so tighty whities was a huge motivator on getting out of their house ASAP.

Being naked isn't a huge deal for me, but I really don't care to see or been seen when using the toilet.
Quote Reply
Re: age what age do you stop walking around naked in front of your kids? [triLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triLA wrote:

At what point did you think of that memory and realize what he was doing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triLA wrote:

That is ... HUGE!!

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: age what age do you stop walking around naked in front of your kids? [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hmmm interesting question....I think maybe a few years later???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depends on the kid. I have a 17yo boy, 15yo boy, 12 yo and 10 yo girls. At a certain point they all get very modest and some of them have voiced discomfort seeing nekkid bodies (my 15yo HATED that fact that his sister (6yo at the time) would run around nekid after bath sometimes) but they all seem to be okay with it now. The children are all now pretty modest and I check in with them all ocassionally (we have 1 bathroom) to make sure they're okay with me walking out after a shower or whatever to the bedroom/sala (bedroom is also sala) to get clothing to put on.

Just check in with them from time to time and they'll lyk when it is time to be more modest.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Re: age what age do you stop walking around naked in front of your kids? [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my kids are 15 (girl) 13, 11 (boys) I don't strut around naked all the time. They have come acustom to knocking on our bedroom door and if I say come in they ALWAYS ask second, "are you naked?" I figure if they are offended to see me naked they will nake the necessary precautions to evaid their eyes or NOT come in :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My daughter is 4.5 and she still sees me naked. We have recently started having my hubby wear his boxers around her, if she is in our bedroom. She has incidentally seen him naked a few times recently (she walks into the bathroom while he is peeing) and has said, "Oh Daddy, your penis looks like a toad stool!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're supposed to stop?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm coming in a little late on this, but I have a girl and a boy. My girl was about 4 years old and it was prompted by her comment that her daddy's penis was bigger than her little brother's penis. That she was making those kinds of comparisons freaked us out a bit (no real reason, it just did), so no more adult male nudity for her. As for my son, he's 11 now and it's only been in the last couple of years that I've been careful about him not seeing me naked. For years, he didn't seem to notice anything and thought nothing of coming into the bathroom while I was in the shower to ask me a question. It's kind of ironic because that kid is so modest that he locks the bathroom door whenever he bathes or goes to the bathroom.
Quote Reply
Re: age what age do you stop walking around naked in front of your kids? [AmyCO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's kind of ironic because that kid is so modest that he locks the bathroom door whenever he bathes or goes to the bathroom.

Well duh! Girls are making comments about is small penis! :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think mistressk gave a great response, but I don't think there is an actual age. In my case I was standing up male style having a pee in the toilet with the door open and my then teenage daughter said to me obviously embarrassed "hey dad, close the door when you do that". That was my turning point. :-)
Last edited by: cerveloguy: Oct 6, 11 20:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 what age should I start walking around naked infront of my kid, never mind the stopping.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sorry to hijack but-at what age did you stop walking around in front of your husband naked? at what age did you wish he would start? ;)
Quote Reply
Re: age what age do you stop walking around naked in front of your kids? [AmyCO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AmyCO wrote:
it was prompted by her comment that her daddy's penis was bigger than her little brother's penis.
That sounds somewhat like a punch line to a 'little johnny' joke. Smile

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think there is any age that you should stop being naked. I think you should encourage your kids to be naked whenever possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have 2 funny stories from friends. I have 3 girls (ages 6, 4 and 19 months). No issues yet, but I don't parade around the house naked, but if I am in the shower or getting dressed, I don't scramble to cover things up either.

Friend 1- Was in the shower with his 2 girls. Ages 4 and 2 at the time. He was washing his hair, while the girls were standing in the shower. His 4 year old screams out "Ewwwwwww". He looks down and sees the 2 year old drinking the water that is dripping from the end of his weiner. He immediately stopped any household nudity.

Friend 2- Just the other day he was brushing his teeth naked. His 16 month old daugther waddles into the bathroom. He continues to brush. Next thing he knows, he is getting "his Bobo Honked" my his 16 month old. He said he almost jumped thru the ceiling.
Quote Reply
Re: age what age do you stop walking around naked in front of your kids? [timboricki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My sister in law was telling me this story. They have 3 kids, boys aged 6 &5, girl age 3. They were out for a walk and met some neighbors who started talking about who looked alike in the family, and the 6 year old said "mama you look a lot like sister, but you have a lot more hair on your vagina" Of course my sister in law was more concerned that the neighbors would think she didn't maintain herself down there.
Quote Reply
Re: age what age do you stop walking around naked in front of your kids? [SpicedRum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hilarious topic!! My sides actually hurt from this last post.

I am an avid cyclist who is also the co-owner and buyer for Low Country Multisport a performance specific F.I.S.T. certified fit studio and repair shop in the beautiful Lowcountry of South Carolina. And, I just happen to be married to a retired Marine who is completely addicted to the iron distance. "lord help my wallet!!"
Last edited by: lilbluebirds: Nov 5, 11 20:56
Quote Reply
Re: age what age do you stop walking around naked in front of your kids? [timboricki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First post in Womens Forum, IIRC!

Your story reminded me of this story about my cousin Eamon (now an adult) that we delight in telling his longterm gf over and over (she must think we have alzheimers).

One Thanksgiving the entire family we went to Kings Mill. we rented several condos next to each other and had a very nice vacation.

One day we took Eamon, then 3, to the pool. As we were getting dressed to go home, I hear a sweet little 3 year old voice saying: "tickle, tickle, tickle." I turn around and Eamon is standing behind an enormously fat naked guy who is trying to get dressed and reaching up and tickling his huge stomach. I just started LMAO, luckily, fat naked guy didn't freak out! So that night we had to have THE talk with Eamon: "Eamon, you can't tickle naked, fat strangers in the locker room."

The innocence of babes is such a precious thing.
Quote Reply
Re: age what age do you stop walking around naked in front of your kids? [phil combs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love this thread, I can still remember when mom goes round the house naked when we were little..
Quote Reply