Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

My watch is dead
Quote | Reply
I need to buy a new watch. My problem is that I use the timer/alarm often and I need a watch that has a alarm that I can hear. My old Timex (now dead) was fine. I looked at a new Timex and there is no way I could hear the alarm (unless I hold it close to my ear). Has anyone used the Nike watches. Do they have a usable alarm? I don't need to time 100 laps or anything like that. Any suggestions....

George
Quote Reply
Re: My watch is dead [derek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know if you need a heart monitor, but I just picked up a Polar S120 from Road Runner Sports for $80. I errantly set the alarm and it goes off on the weekends when my wife and I are trying to sleep in. It's plenty loud as I have a bruise from were my wife jabs me with her elbow to turn the alarm off. :-)

Sean

Sean
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi George,

I do use my Nike alarm watch to wake me up when I am traveling and it works fine for me. I have no idea how it compares to a Timex, though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can also be splash with the cash and instead of all those plastic watches go for a Titanium Breitling Aerospace or even an Emergency (which only cost the same as new top of the range triathlon bike).

Paula

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The new Timex Ironman Sleek is great...great options for Triathlon and the alarm is loud enough. And if your not sure, just put 2-3 + alarms, it will sure get your attention.

you can check the one I bought here : http://www.timex.com/...mx?item=048148545915

There is also a review on it on Ironmanlive.com

Richard

Richard

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever" - Larry Andersen
Quote Reply