Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hypertense?
Quote | Reply
My doctor says it's time for medication. Anyone out there training while taking blood pressure medication? If so, what are you taking, how is it affecting your training, side effects?
Quote Reply
Re: Hypertense? [TriDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am on 15 mg. Fosinopril daily. Possible side effects I have noticed are increased sweating, dizziness on long, hot runs, faintness after exercise when standing up too quick. Then again, these are common complications of exercise, esp. in hot, humid weather, so it may not be the meds. Do not take the diuretic-type HBP meds though.
Quote Reply
Re: Hypertense? [TriDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am. Have been since Jan. 2003. I'm 37 and on 20mg Prinivil (Lisinopril). Things started out a bit anxious as the doctor mentioned lightheadedness (which is minimal for me) and a nagging cough that was successfully treated with inhaled nasal steroids. I was worried at first because my MD said that some HT meds cause a frequent, dry cough. I'm glad it wasn't that.

Definitely start the meds ASAP and check your BP once a week minimum. You also should consider asking your doctor for a full blood lipid profile test. It's extra insurance against a heart attack or stroke.

Sean

Sean
Quote Reply